Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hey guys, so I had this problem with my iphone 5 where it was clicking the screen when pressed at the top right hand corner, now after 2 weeks it seems to have gone to the centre of the screen, and Im worried it will get worse over time.

Will apple store do anything about this? Is it an easy fix?

Thanks guys.

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Hey guys, so I had this problem with my iphone 5 where it was clicking the screen when pressed at the top right hand corner, now after 2 weeks it seems to have gone to the centre of the screen, and Im worried it will get worse over time.

Will apple store do anything about this? Is it an easy fix?

Thanks guys.

Um...return it and get a new one?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
My screen clicks but it isn't bad enough for return yet. If it gets worse ill probably get replacement. If it bothers you enough tho I'd probably return it and buy a new one or get replacement.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
They don't have any in stock and have orderede one. 7-10 days, they said its non refurbished one but said that its a part replacement phone meaning parts have been put into it from other phones. In other words, a refurbished one lol. Don't mind, I just wish they would stop fooling themselves into thinking its not 'second hand'.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
They don't have any in stock and have orderede one. 7-10 days, they said its non refurbished one but said that its a part replacement phone meaning parts have been put into it from other phones. In other words, a refurbished one lol. Don't mind, I just wish they would stop fooling themselves into thinking its not 'second hand'.

My phone has been clicking and that along with the loose power button and the silver showing near the antenna bands drove me to make an appointment tonight. I was hoping they would replace it with a new iPhone, not a refurbished one, or like apple said part replacement phone. Now I am thinking I should just live with the less than quality iPhone 5 I currently have.

Anyone know if you can add applecare+ after a warrenty replacement?

CarbonDudeoxide

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2011
You can get your iPhone replaced within a year after purchase.

I have gotten my iPhone 4S replaced four times in the last year.

Each individual replacement has it's own 90 day warranty. For example, if you get the replacement on day 350 of your applecare warranty, you have an additional 90 days before you are unable to replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.