Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1
SeeTheLights
macrumors newbie

Annoying "swoosh" effect going into fullscreen

For some odd reason lately when I watch videos on youtube in Chrome it has this weird "swooshing" or transition effect to the right when I go full screen. This seems to be only happening in Chrome, and only on certain videos. It also tells me I am in fullscreen modw and to hit the esc button if I want to exit fullscreen mode. The only way i can describe it is like when you have multiple desktops open and you switch between them on a Macbook with the trackpad. Normally this wouldn't bother me but they seem to be slow as molasses and when I hover around the dock, the dock appears. This doesn't seam to be happening in Firefox, so it looks like I will have to switch back to FF for now.
SeeTheLights is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:01 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X and Chrome version do you use? Does it only happen on one specific video hosting site (if so, which) or several?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3
SeeTheLights
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
What Mac OS X and Chrome version do you use? Does it only happen on one specific video hosting site (if so, which) or several?
Chrome:

Version 23.0.1271.95

Mac:

Only have noticed it on youtube. I have tried multiple things such as disabling the plugins that you don't need for flash in chrome and also disabled hardware acceleration.
SeeTheLights is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 07:49 PM   #4
benthewraith
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to benthewraith Send a message via MSN to benthewraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights View Post
It also tells me I am in fullscreen modw and to hit the esc button if I want to exit fullscreen mode. The only way i can describe it is like when you have multiple desktops open and you switch between them on a Macbook with the trackpad.
Chrome is not in full screen mode as it relates to the OS. Hitting the escape button to exit full screen mode is related t YouTube and not the browser. Not sure about the animation.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store