Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:50 AM   #1
glocke12
Banned

Anyone else have someone undesirable in their life ?

Years ago I made the mistake of getting into a business partnership with someone I did not know all that well at the time, only to come to realize that the guy is b@t***** crazy and fits the description of a sociopath perfectly.

Since than I've been trying unsuccessfully to try and weed this person out of my life. He's really not the kind of person you can just tell to just take a hike, so I've pretty much have been left to keeping contact to a minimum, only surfacing to socialize with the guy maybe once every 4-5 months.

Anyway, this person has just taken on a whole new kind of scary...The guys my age (45), and dumped his girlfriend of 15 years for some 25 year old skank...He found out the new girlfriends previous boyfriend had abused her, so hired some gangbangers to beat the guy and take pictures. New GF found out about this and freaked out so left with her son....

He is currently "pining away" for this chick, and stopped in to tell me the story, AND he showed me cell phone pictures of the guy after he was beaten....It was pretty frightening....

The guy is essentially a ticking timebomb...
glocke12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:59 AM   #2
AndroidBlows
macrumors member

I did not hire gang bangers. I did it myself.
AndroidBlows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:11 AM   #3
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBlows View Post
I did not hire gang bangers. I did it myself.
Funny thing is, I would have found him beating the guy to be more acceptable than to hire a bunch of gangbangers to do it.
glocke12 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:24 AM   #4
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

You need a blog buddy. You seem to have a very unique life.
As for your buddy, I would not socialize with him at all. Why bother? Is he still in business with you? Why can't you give him the boot?
GoCubsGo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Sounds like a textbook case of a midlife crisis.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:22 AM   #6
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

I would continue to make yourself scarce.
ucfgrad93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Raid
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
Anyone else have someone undesirable in their life ?
Yes, and I will be stuck with this person for quite some time. My situation is completely different, but no less annoying.

Quote:
He found out the new girlfriends previous boyfriend had abused her, so hired some gangbangers to beat the guy and take pictures. New GF found out about this and freaked out so left with her son....

He is currently "pining away" for this chick, and stopped in to tell me the story, AND he showed me cell phone pictures of the guy after he was beaten....It was pretty frightening....

The guy is essentially a ticking timebomb...
What your business partner did was commit a crime and confess to you about it. Was that to intimidate you or boast about it (maybe both)? At any rate this proves caution is to be taken in dealings with this guy... what are the laws about single party consent to recordings in your state?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:02 AM   #8
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Turn him in. Hopefully he will be in prison and out of your life. Plus it's probably the right thing to do. I mean, you're worried about having this guy in your life but how about being a good human being and turning this pos in to the cops?
Mac'nCheese is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:13 AM   #9
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid View Post
Yes, and I will be stuck with this person for quite some time. My situation is completely different, but no less annoying.
Lets hope there aren't "gang bangers" involved.
GoCubsGo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Roller
macrumors 65816

All I can say is that you'd better hope he doesn't read MacRumors.
Roller is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:16 AM   #11
63dot
macrumors 601

Quote:
so hired some gangbangers to beat the guy and take pictures.
"hired" some gangbangers??

You don't hire gangbangers unless you are one yourself. I was a GED teacher for juvenile hall. It sounds like you are in a bad situation. I also worked at a place where we had a co-worker who "knew", "hired", and "associated" with bangers until it became clear they were one. Generally, you don't go out and advertise you are one.
63dot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:33 AM   #12
TSE
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
All I can say is that you'd better hope he doesn't read MacRumors.
Gangbangers reading a forum about Macs and iPads.

"YO DOGG DA BLACK iPAD DA BES YA FEEL ME?"
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:21 PM   #13
niuniu
Banned

You're scared to show him rejection because he'll take the slight personally and have it in for you. Police are essentially useless as they deal with guys like that after the fact.

Try growing up in N Ireland where nuts like that are dime a dozen (often over-friendly nuts that latch onto you), you got to walk around on eggshells especially when alcohol is involved.

Distance, physical, is the best remedy.
niuniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:29 PM   #14
Huntn
macrumors 604

Raises hand (several). However my perspective is that in the spectrum of undesirable, I am mostly shielded, and the individuals are not the worst, far from it.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:30 PM   #15
TedM
macrumors 6502

that sounds really scary. Now I understand why you can't say lets not hang anymore.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:40 PM   #16
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niuniu View Post
You're scared to show him rejection because he'll take the slight personally and have it in for you. Police are essentially useless as they deal with guys like that after the fact.

Try growing up in N Ireland where nuts like that are dime a dozen (often over-friendly nuts that latch onto you), you got to walk around on eggshells especially when alcohol is involved.

Distance, physical, is the best remedy.
He is a true sociopath and is unstable.. I am afraid of what he will do or is capable of doing if I just told him to get lost and not come around..

I haven't even really divulged half of what I know about this guy...Lets just say if I had heard even a little about beforehand about what I had come to find out about him I never would let him into my life...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:23 PM   #17
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63dot View Post
"hired" some gangbangers??

You don't hire gangbangers unless you are one yourself. I was a GED teacher for juvenile hall. It sounds like you are in a bad situation. I also worked at a place where we had a co-worker who "knew", "hired", and "associated" with bangers until it became clear they were one. Generally, you don't go out and advertise you are one.
"hired" is his terminology, not mine...I am sure I am not being given the entire story or how exactly he is associated with these people, I doubt he himself is a banger, but I have no doubts that he is involved with dangerous criminal elements...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:39 PM   #18
63dot
macrumors 601

Quote:
"hired" is his terminology, not mine...I am sure I am not being given the entire story or how exactly he is associated with these people, I doubt he himself is a banger, but I have no doubts that he is involved with dangerous criminal elements...
What makes a banger different than let's say a cop or solider, is that they don't have an official academy or boot camp, or any piece of paper saying they belong to something. Unlike a good plot line in Hollywood, where a person is jumped and then is "suddenly" in a gang, actual gangland lifestyle is something they grow into over time. His criminal activity won't really alter a prosecutor when they see who he hangs with and all the illegal things he does. It's basically gang activity done by, whatever you want to call it, gang bangers, gangsters, lowlifes, home boyz, etc. All the students who were caught by the gang task force and were incarcerated in the gang unit were unfairly put there and all were innocent. Interestingly, these were pretty smart kids and when not in an environment of their gang, were quite motivated to better themselves.

It does not really go over well to claim you are a banger or wear a sign, neither to the other bangers nor to law enforcement. This is one guy you have to get away from as if he was a well known gangster. Sometimes the wanna-be gangsters are more dangerous.

Last edited by 63dot; Dec 12, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
63dot is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion