Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:55 PM   #1
vistadude
macrumors 65816

Did apple customer service treat you right

Just wondering if anyone had similar circumstances as me recently.

I bought an ipad 4th generation Verizon version from apple.com online. When I received it, the home button was not working, so I phoned apple and they said to exchange it. About a week later, another ipad was shipped to me, but it was the wrong model, an at&t version. I didn't bother to open it up and called apple again, this time waiting about 30 minutes on hold. The guy on the line says that he could understand how they messed up the order (no kidding?). I said I want a full refund and they guy goes on to say how I'll get a refund after shipping back both ipads. I agree with him to return them (of course), and then he goes on a rant how some people get a return credit without actually shipping back their products and wants to tell me for some reason, as if I really want to keep a defective ipad and a wrong model ipad.

Another weird part is that he says he will give me a coupon valid for less than a month to buy apple products but then goes on to list a whole bunch of products the coupon can't be used for, including software, iphones, ipads, and all iOS devices. What good can a coupon be used for then?

I never raised my voice at the customer service rep and treated him nice, but he seemed to do the opposite.
vistadude is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:14 PM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistadude View Post
Just wondering if anyone had similar circumstances as me recently.

I bought an ipad 4th generation Verizon version from apple.com online. When I received it, the home button was not working, so I phoned apple and they said to exchange it. About a week later, another ipad was shipped to me, but it was the wrong model, an at&t version. I didn't bother to open it up and called apple again, this time waiting about 30 minutes on hold. The guy on the line says that he could understand how they messed up the order (no kidding?). I said I want a full refund and they guy goes on to say how I'll get a refund after shipping back both ipads. I agree with him to return them (of course), and then he goes on a rant how some people get a return credit without actually shipping back their products and wants to tell me for some reason, as if I really want to keep a defective ipad and a wrong model ipad.

Another weird part is that he says he will give me a coupon valid for less than a month to buy apple products but then goes on to list a whole bunch of products the coupon can't be used for, including software, iphones, ipads, and all iOS devices. What good can a coupon be used for then?

I never raised my voice at the customer service rep and treated him nice, but he seemed to do the opposite.
Never dude only similar problem was with Comcast lol. That sucks, apple has always treated me with respect and well I've never requested refund for my products but I know there will be no questions asked.
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Spink10
macrumors 68020

Apple has always been good to me - when I talk with the Customer Relations Department. Everyone else is iffy.
Spink10 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:55 PM   #4
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

Apple Customer Service has always been amazing to me. The senior advisors in Tech Support go above and beyond to resolve your issues to make sure that you are 100% satisfied. Apple Customer Service is simply the best, hands down. I've had a lot of positive experiences at the Apple Store on 1981 Broadway in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. They are extremely friendly too.

iPad mini Wi-Fi 64GB White iPhone 4 16GB White iPod Nano 8GB Silver
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:25 PM   #5
bevsb2
macrumors 6502

I returned 3 4th generation iPads to the Apple store because of yellow tints on the screen. No questions asked. They couldn't have been nicer. I've always had good experiences at the Apple store and this is the first time I have had trouble with a product.
bevsb2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad