Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:15 AM   #1
richy d
macrumors member

How do I add audiobooks - iTunes match

I'm currently exclusively using iTunes match (i.e I have not connected my ipod touch to PC at all).

What is the best way to get my audiobooks onto my ipod?.. Im scared that if I connect my ipod, I'll end up wiping the library or something, but Im not able to get them to match.

Any help is appreciated
richy d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:00 PM   #2
DUCKofD3ATH
macrumors regular

I have too many songs for Match, so I've never tried matching audiobooks.

Apple's said they don't match books sold by Audible, so you won't have any matches on those. But if you just want to store your audiobooks in the Cloud, you could convert the Audible format to MP3.

After buying an Audible audiobook in aax format, I use Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro to convert the book to MP3. (Hijack Pro records the audiobook playback at 1:1 speed, so it can take hours to re-record the book in MPEG format).

For your needs, you'd be done. Now you can upload the MP3 into music and it'll go into the Cloud.

What I do with the MP3 is to convert it to M4B format so iTunes will recognized it as an audiobook.

That's it.
DUCKofD3ATH is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch