Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richy d

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
I'm currently exclusively using iTunes match (i.e I have not connected my ipod touch to PC at all).

What is the best way to get my audiobooks onto my ipod?.. Im scared that if I connect my ipod, I'll end up wiping the library or something, but Im not able to get them to match.

Any help is appreciated

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
I have too many songs for Match, so I've never tried matching audiobooks.

Apple's said they don't match books sold by Audible, so you won't have any matches on those. But if you just want to store your audiobooks in the Cloud, you could convert the Audible format to MP3.

After buying an Audible audiobook in aax format, I use Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro to convert the book to MP3. (Hijack Pro records the audiobook playback at 1:1 speed, so it can take hours to re-record the book in MPEG format).

For your needs, you'd be done. Now you can upload the MP3 into music and it'll go into the Cloud.

What I do with the MP3 is to convert it to M4B format so iTunes will recognized it as an audiobook.

That's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.