Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:45 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

ZeptoLab Teases 'Pudding Monsters', Its Next Game After 'Cut the Rope'

ZeptoLab -- the development house behind Cut the Rope and its offspring -- has showed off its next project, another game called Pudding Monsters. We haven't seen any gameplay but TechCrunch got some hands-on time and has a brief preview:
Quote:
Pudding Monsters is all about getting pieces of pudding to stick together. Unlike the physics-based puzzler Cut the Rope that made players focus on getting their timing just right, Pudding Monsters is an even more casual game and doesn't focus on physics. Instead, it's a more basic puzzle game where players have to move pieces of pudding around a board, but unless they hit an object or another piece of pudding, the pieces will fall of the board and the game is over. There are numerous game elements like pudding pieces that are asleep and wake up when you touch them that will keep surely keep gamers occupied and interested in the game for a while.
Pudding Monsters will arrive on the iPhone and iPad on December 20th.

Article Link: ZeptoLab Teases 'Pudding Monsters', Its Next Game After 'Cut the Rope'
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2
JilzVT
macrumors member

Gamerumors.com??

I realize you have to pay the bills but that's the third or fourth gaming post today.
JilzVT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Lukeid123

Risky

Comes out December 20th when on December 21st iTunes connect will shut down. Any MAJOR problems (if any) will have to wait
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Unggoy Murderer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JilzVT View Post
Gamerumors.com??

I realize you have to pay the bills but that's the third or fourth gaming post today.
Well, ZeptoLab DID win an APPLE design award in 2011 for their Cut the Rope game, which is absolutely fantastic. There's been a lot of game information today... so what!? It makes a change from the usual programming.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:53 PM   #5
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

I think Cut the Rope is past itís prime.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaissie View Post
I think Angry Birds is past itís prime.
I fixed it for you.

Cut the Rope is fantastic. Experiments was a nice sequel. Where they screwed up was in the promotional comic books which should have ended up in ComiXology and not in its own app. It ended up dying due to poor reviews and people not wanting to buy the issues. Which is sad because it was very well drawn and written for them being just game makers.

I look forward to this new game.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:46 PM   #7
somethingelsefl
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JilzVT View Post
Gamerumors.com??

Well, this was in the iOS blog and MR owns TouchArcade, so game posts are fine by me.

Besides, gaming is one area that Apple's growth is impressive...they are a serious threat to Nintendo and the iOS platform lends itself to creative games.
somethingelsefl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:57 PM   #8
incoherent1
macrumors member

Quote:
Cut the Rope is fantastic. Experiments was a nice sequel.
Cut the Rope was great, but I was disappointed with the support on Experiments. They've had "coming soon" on more levels for at least 6 months. I don't know that I'd buy a new app when they've poorly supported existing ones.
incoherent1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:40 AM   #9
Taustin Powers
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoherent1 View Post
Cut the Rope was great, but I was disappointed with the support on Experiments. They've had "coming soon" on more levels for at least 6 months. I don't know that I'd buy a new app when they've poorly supported existing ones.
How much did you pay for it? I think I paid 0.79 Ä. I feel like I got quite a lot of content for less than a buck. And I honestly wouldn't dream of calling a game "poorly supported", because I have to wait a few months for FREE EXTRA STUFF when the game cost close to nothing in the first place!
Taustin Powers is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:35 AM   #10
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taustin Powers View Post
How much did you pay for it? I think I paid 0.79 Ä. I feel like I got quite a lot of content for less than a buck. And I honestly wouldn't dream of calling a game "poorly supported", because I have to wait a few months for FREE EXTRA STUFF when the game cost close to nothing in the first place!
No offence but saying you didnít pay much for it so they donít need to finish the game isnít right.
Thatís like buying a $20 DVD player that doesnít play DVDs yet but you canít complain because it was cheap and the materials alone are worth more than $20.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Taustin Powers
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaissie View Post
No offence but saying you didnít pay much for it so they donít need to finish the game isnít right.
Thatís like buying a $20 DVD player that doesnít play DVDs yet but you canít complain because it was cheap and the materials alone are worth more than $20.
This makes no sense. The game works, right? You can play it? All the levels that were included when you bought it? We're talking about FREE EXTRA LEVELS.
Taustin Powers is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:32 AM   #12
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taustin Powers View Post
This makes no sense. The game works, right? You can play it? All the levels that were included when you bought it? We're talking about FREE EXTRA LEVELS.
If the levels are in the game when it's released then they are not EXTRA. and 99.9% of the time it's not FREE!
That is a huge pet peeve of mine. Companies like Capcom release a game then try to sell you "extra fighters" or "extra levels" on day one.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion