Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Anyone Try TDK Rises Using Ultraviolet?

Man, this video smokes on my iPad 4.

Today was release date of this movie. Highly recommended to give it a go on your iPad!

Last edited by AppleRobert; Dec 4, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:04 PM   #2
davideotape
macrumors 6502

They ditched the iTunes copy, right? I love buying a movie on DVD or blurray and having a free iTunes copy on my bought page on Apple TV. Makes it worth it.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:26 PM   #3
Egon84
macrumors newbie

Any one using Ultraviolet, I would recommend using Vudu. Mainly because Vudu has a good bit more apps for platforms and it is web based for the iPad. Flixster has an iPad app but I have had issues with my Ultraviolet library syncing between Flixster and Vudu. I always try to redeem on Vudu first.
Egon84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:29 PM   #4
RevTEG
macrumors regular

I just hate Ultraviolet. Nothing personal I just like have the digital file from iTunes. To bad TDK didn't come with the iTunes file. I checked Walmart, Target and Best Buy.
RevTEG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:22 PM   #5
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

What is Ultraviolet???

iPad mini Wi-Fi 64GB White iPhone 4 16GB White iPod Nano 8GB Silver
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAN19 View Post
What is Ultraviolet???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraViolet_(system)
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:30 PM   #7
maclook
macrumors 65816

I checked TDK and TDKR (got the trilogy box) real quick on Flixster. Looked like doodoo on my iPad 3 and by that I mean it was SD. Will it go to HD if I let it load longer? I also tried Prometheus using Cinemanow and get the message that "HD is unavailable for this device". Very disappointing.

On the other hand, TDKR FX app has great HD quality video for the behind the scenes features.
maclook is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:14 AM   #8
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclook View Post
I checked TDK and TDKR (got the trilogy box) real quick on Flixster. Looked like doodoo on my iPad 3 and by that I mean it was SD. Will it go to HD if I let it load longer? I also tried Prometheus using Cinemanow and get the message that "HD is unavailable for this device". Very disappointing.
Yup SD on VUDU too. Still have to try youTube....I logged on to the youtube site and set my settings so that it will play all HD content at the highest res. I then typed in 1080p videos and watched the trailer for tron in 1080p which looked amazing (although not at blue-ray levels) so I'm hoping TDKR will be posted soon.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:34 AM   #9
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclook View Post

On the other hand, TDKR FX app has great HD quality video for the behind the scenes features.
TDKR rises looks great on the 4th gen. I'm not certain but it sure looks like hdx resolution, I know the last one was.

How is your bandwith? Flixster works well for me. Zero lag and no buffering while I was watching.

Last edited by AppleRobert; Dec 5, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:22 AM   #10
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoG View Post
Yup SD on VUDU too. Still have to try youTube....I logged on to the youtube site and set my settings so that it will play all HD content at the highest res. I then typed in 1080p videos and watched the trailer for tron in 1080p which looked amazing (although not at blue-ray levels) so I'm hoping TDKR will be posted soon.
Logged into my Vudu account and it is showing HDX for all my movies, including TDKR.

I made sure when I bought Blu-Rays that included UV, that they would be in HDX. I particiapte on a bluray forum and those guys are great and very helpful.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad