Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Man, this video smokes on my iPad 4.

Today was release date of this movie. Highly recommended to give it a go on your iPad!

Last edited:

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
They ditched the iTunes copy, right? I love buying a movie on DVD or blurray and having a free iTunes copy on my bought page on Apple TV. Makes it worth it.

Egon84

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
King's Mtn, NC
Any one using Ultraviolet, I would recommend using Vudu. Mainly because Vudu has a good bit more apps for platforms and it is web based for the iPad. Flixster has an iPad app but I have had issues with my Ultraviolet library syncing between Flixster and Vudu. I always try to redeem on Vudu first.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I just hate Ultraviolet. Nothing personal I just like have the digital file from iTunes. To bad TDK didn't come with the iTunes file. I checked Walmart, Target and Best Buy.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I checked TDK and TDKR (got the trilogy box) real quick on Flixster. Looked like doodoo on my iPad 3 and by that I mean it was SD. Will it go to HD if I let it load longer? I also tried Prometheus using Cinemanow and get the message that "HD is unavailable for this device". Very disappointing.

On the other hand, TDKR FX app has great HD quality video for the behind the scenes features.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I checked TDK and TDKR (got the trilogy box) real quick on Flixster. Looked like doodoo on my iPad 3 and by that I mean it was SD. Will it go to HD if I let it load longer? I also tried Prometheus using Cinemanow and get the message that "HD is unavailable for this device". Very disappointing.

Yup SD on VUDU too. Still have to try youTube....I logged on to the youtube site and set my settings so that it will play all HD content at the highest res. I then typed in 1080p videos and watched the trailer for tron in 1080p which looked amazing (although not at blue-ray levels) so I'm hoping TDKR will be posted soon.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012

On the other hand, TDKR FX app has great HD quality video for the behind the scenes features.

TDKR rises looks great on the 4th gen. I'm not certain but it sure looks like hdx resolution, I know the last one was.

How is your bandwith? Flixster works well for me. Zero lag and no buffering while I was watching.

Last edited:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Yup SD on VUDU too. Still have to try youTube....I logged on to the youtube site and set my settings so that it will play all HD content at the highest res. I then typed in 1080p videos and watched the trailer for tron in 1080p which looked amazing (although not at blue-ray levels) so I'm hoping TDKR will be posted soon.

Logged into my Vudu account and it is showing HDX for all my movies, including TDKR.

I made sure when I bought Blu-Rays that included UV, that they would be in HDX. I particiapte on a bluray forum and those guys are great and very helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.