Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
In apple mail I keep losing the ability to open links in my browser. I use Opera as my default browser. It works if I restore permissions and restart, but in less than a day it goes back to saying "error No associated application could be found" when I click a link in the mail application. What's causing this to happen?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Check what your default web browser is set to in Safari preferences. If Opera is selected, choose something else in the dropdown and then re-select it the. Close out of the preferences. Then try reproducing the error.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Check what your default web browser is set to in Safari preferences. If Opera is selected, choose something else in the dropdown and then re-select it the. Close out of the preferences. Then try reproducing the error.

Yea that doesn't fix it. After restarting a couple days ago the problem went away agian, and just now it stopped working again. I have no clue why

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.