Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:38 PM   #1
JoelBC
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
MBA Hardware Usage...

I have spent a good amount of time over the last 5 days configuring and getting comfortable with my Mac after 20+ years of Windows...there are certainly some things that OS X does very well and are missing from Windows but this cuts both ways...

I must admit that one of the trackpad is truly incredible...on a Mac machine there is no need for a mouse and, in fact, I will be returning mine...on a Windows machine it is impossible to live without a mouse...this leads to my question in that I find myself essentially using the bottom left corner for a "left click" and the bottom right corner for a "right click"...with all of my clicking being focused in these two areas do I run the risk of damaging / wearing out the track pad or is it meant to be used in this way.

Thanks,


Joel
JoelBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelBC View Post
left corner for a "left click" and the bottom right corner for a "right click"...with all of my clicking being focused in these two areas do I run the risk of damaging / wearing out the track pad or is it meant to be used in this way.

Damage? I don't think so. But even on a Windows machine, I used to double-tap for select and only use right click button.

On my Mac, I have configured single-tap for select, and two-fingers tap for right click, I don't ever actually click anymore.

For precision work: editing pix, cad, I still use a mouse.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:19 AM   #3
JoelBC
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
Damage? I don't think so. But even on a Windows machine, I used to double-tap for select and only use right click button.

On my Mac, I have configured single-tap for select, and two-fingers tap for right click, I don't ever actually click anymore.
I will give that a go and see whether or not I can get use to it...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
For precision work: editing pix, cad, I still use a mouse.
Point noted...
JoelBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC