Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:55 PM   #1
danhercules
macrumors member

black rectrangle in my movie.

I purchased The Lion King on iTunes. Works great on my computer and iPad. I have a GEN1 Apple Tv and synced it so Lion King was on it. When I play the movie on my TV, there is a small back rectangle on my tv. Its not there on the computer or iPad. Its not there when I play any other movie on my Apple TV. Any ideas?
danhercules is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhercules View Post
I purchased The Lion King on iTunes. Works great on my computer and iPad. I have a GEN1 Apple Tv and synced it so Lion King was on it. When I play the movie on my TV, there is a small back rectangle on my tv. Its not there on the computer or iPad. Its not there when I play any other movie on my Apple TV. Any ideas?
What did you use for the rip? HB? If so, try running it through again using the dedicated ATV 1 preset, and see if the mark is still there....I haven't yet seen this in relation to copyright so I'm guessing it's just a bad rip, or the wrong pre-set has been used.

Blu-Ray is another ball game though, with practice at identifying the right file to rip being the key....If your Lion King DVD IS Blu-Ray, then you will already have used Make MKV or similar to perform the initial rip...If that is the case, check the two largest files on the DVD, they are typically 20 or 30 GB, the largest is USUALLY, but not always the one you want...It comes down to two files, exclude everything else as you don't need it, then after the rip, check with VLC that you have sound and video.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:22 AM   #3
danhercules
macrumors member

I did not copy a dvd. I purchased the movie on iTunes with a iTunes gift card. I downloaded it on my Macbook into my iTunes then synced my Apple TV with my iTunes.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
I did not copy a dvd. I purchased the movie on iTunes with a iTunes gift card. I downloaded it on my Macbook into my iTunes then synced my Apple TV with my iTunes.
Hmm, you know that sounds like the TV....Any other black regions when viewing?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:55 AM   #5
danhercules
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
Hmm, you know that sounds like the TV....Any other black regions when viewing?
Nope. All other movies and video is all ok. Be it on my apple tv, dvd, satalite, ect.

So weird.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:05 AM   #6
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Nope. All other movies and video is all ok. Be it on my apple tv, dvd, satalite, ect.

So weird.
The only other thing is some form of DRM, but I doubt it...it's a weird one all right.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:24 AM   #7
nnnz
macrumors newbie

black rectrangle in my movie.

I have the same issue with a recently downloaded movie from itunes, will delete and try to download again.
nnnz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater