Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Joel M
macrumors newbie

Unique Macbook Pro Keyboard Hardware Issue

Hey everyone,

I've been an occasional lurker here for a while and this is my first post, so I hope I am posting in the correct place. If not, I apologize. I tried searching this and other forums for this exact issue, but only found less specific problems, so I'm hoping you guys can help.

So, I am ashamed to say there was a small soda spill on my Macbook Pro keyboard (yes, I know, shame). Luckily my reaction time was quick, but inevitably some liquid seeped into some of the keys. I did some research and found out how to clean underneath the individual keys, and as far as I can tell, only the underside of the keys and a few brackets were touched by the soda.

So, after cleaning each individual key and bracket with water, I am still having issues, but not with stickiness. Now each key seems to have a very tiny amount of play, accompanied by a clicking/crunching sound upon the lightest touch. I have posted a video below for reference.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their keyboard? I thank you all for your expertise and help in advance!

Link to video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3p27t9hr4...205_053315.mp4
Joel M is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help