Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:26 AM   #1
fhall1
macrumors 68020

Good deal on new Mini

I just wanted to point people to a place I ordered my 2012 Mini from....I'd never heard of it before, but did some checking on Resellerratings and emailed the company to try to calm any fears.

The company is http://portableone.com/ and they are listed on the Apple site as a certified Apple seller.

Anyway...after comparing the Apple Gov't Employee discount for the mid-level Mini it worked out to $779 ($20 savings off list), plus $99 for AppleCare ($50 off list), free shipping, but 8.25% state sales tax (approx $72). Total would have been $950. List price total would have been $1026 - so not bad.

However, Portableone sells the same model for $764, AppleCare for $99, free shipping and only charge sales tax in CA. My total was $863 and they shipped Fedex, so I had the Mini in 3 days after ordering. I've had it up and running almost 2 weeks now with no issues. Just wanted to point this place out as I'd never heard of them before, but they saved me about $90 over the Apple Gov't Store and $160 over list price (after taxes). Savings paid for my 16GB RAM upgrade and then some.

I have no affiliation with them, just wanted to point out a decent deal to my fellow MR readers that may be interested in a new Mini.
fhall1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini