Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:47 AM   #76
xanagu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
The Nexus 4 disappointed (no LTE), so my next phone is looking like the iPhone 5S.
lol worst post of the week
xanagu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:51 AM   #77
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeborg View Post
Very very well said. I agree 100%. And though it isn't related, but increasing the iPhone's size and shrinking the iPad is nothing but keeping up with the competition to maintain those exact figures/numbers you spoke about.
BTW, there is this thing called oppo find 5 or something. Just Google its images...would expect the new iPhone to look like that. But that's just me...
Here is a pic:

And this is an actual phone and not a mockup BTW...
No, that's a render with exaggerated thinness and small bezels.

That's the actual phone:

Not quite as impressive. It actually has a pretty impractical shape.

Last edited by pgiguere1; Dec 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
pgiguere1 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:53 AM   #78
yinz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiguere1 View Post
No, that's a render with exaggerated thinness and small bezels.

That's the actual phone:

Not quite as impressive.
Agreed, that looks pretty ugly. iPhone 5 all day, I'm excited to hear about the 5S. I like the S models..
yinz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:59 AM   #79
Krazy Bill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
distinctly different from its iPhone 5 counterpart in several ways, most obviously in the arrangement of the screw holes for attaching the logic board.
OMG! Screws relocated. Epic Fail!
Krazy Bill is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:00 AM   #80
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

It's possible that Apple will be upgrading the iPhone every 6-9 months from now on. That would make sense from the perspective of a company trying to keep in step with technological advances as well as the competition.
dampfnudel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:12 AM   #81
Szarky
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz View Post
Apple knows that there iphone and ipad devices are coming to and end. The minuscule changes/upgrades apple offres every iteration are not good enough anymore. So lets start releasing a new device, (iphone5, 5S, ipad mini) with shorter and shorter interval to be able to make as much money as possible..
oh wow, some people just expect WAY too much. What do you want, something mind-blowing every 2 years? Come on man.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampfnudel View Post
It's possible that Apple will be upgrading the iPhone every 6-9 months from now on. That would make sense from the perspective of a company trying to keep in step with technological advances as well as the competition.
Or more realistic they're just shifting to a different release schedule. Fall for the iPad line as people aren't bound by contracts so they're more likely to buy them around Christmas shopping. iPhone needs to be further away for the iPad refresh anyway, this year was way too close together. Each line needs it's own time to shine. Just by putting iPad in Fall you automatically have to move the iPhone line as people are bound by contracts ending when they buy a phone so it really doesn't matter too much what time of year you release it as people start contracts at all times of the year so they're likely to just get whatever phone is available when they're contract ends.
Szarky is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:15 AM   #82
teknikal90
macrumors 68000

looks like they haven't fixed the paint chipping problem
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:16 AM   #83
thadoggfather
macrumors 68040

I see some scratches on the left side of the chamfer on the back pic.

Scuffgate prevails in 5S!

iPhone 5S: Summer 2013
iPhone 6: Late Fall/Early Winter 2013

?

How can it be 5S though? Are they going to overclock A6? Announce a quadcore A7? A6 has hardly gotten the roll out treatment on current devices (only 5 and iPad4 atm)
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:18 AM   #84
santaliqueur
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTOAGU View Post
I'm not sure I understand how 12 months is too slow when most people take out 2 year contracts when they buy these things.
You don't understand it because you are assuming that everyone is upgrading every cycle.
santaliqueur is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:20 AM   #85
Moonjumper
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szarky View Post
Or more realistic they're just shifting to a different release schedule.
They could be doing something more sensible: Dropping the annual release schedule.

It would be better if they released when new tech is ready. A schedule means sometimes tech will be rushed, leading to problems, or it might have to be delayed, leading to announcing old tech.
Moonjumper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:20 AM   #86
GuitarDTO
macrumors 6502a

Love my iPhone 5 as it pretty much does everything I need it to do, so I don't really care about the 5s at all.

With that said, I have to admit I am becoming a bit bored with the iPhone in general, its user interface, inability to customize as you can on many android phones without jailbreaking, and screen size among other things. I don't know what I want, but as someone who is firmly planted in the Apple ecosystem, even I am considering my options when the contract for my 5 expires.
GuitarDTO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:21 AM   #87
Szarky
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonjumper View Post
They could be doing something more sensible: Dropping the annual release schedule.
This would be surprising but very interesting if it did happen.
Szarky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:24 AM   #88
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonjumper View Post

It would be better if they released when new tech is ready. A schedule means sometimes tech will be rushed, leading to problems, or it might have to be delayed, leading to announcing old tech.
Good luck with Wall Street blowing up your stock price.

That simply isn't how the world of big business works. Its all a game of confidence and unrealistic expectations.
NT1440 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:33 AM   #89
Szarky
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Good luck with Wall Street blowing up your stock price.

That simply isn't how the world of big business works. Its all a game of confidence and unrealistic expectations.
So true.
Szarky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:35 AM   #90
33man
macrumors member

Clearly a fake... No scratches on the case...
33man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:35 AM   #91
ivladster
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to ivladster
I think it might be a different model for China or something. Apple makes slight changes to China models, like one time they had no WiFi.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:37 AM   #92
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Too soon for leaks, IMO. I'm pretty content with my iPhone 4S, though. An upgrade is possible - still not sure.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:38 AM   #93
fox evo
macrumors newbie

i just got the IPhone 5, come on!!!
fox evo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:41 AM   #94
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox evo View Post
i just got the IPhone 5, come on!!!
Just like every other flagship product in the cell phone world, the iPhone gets a yearly update. That means months of testing and tuning manufacturing processes. What in the hell are you mad about? This phone won't see the light of day for months.
NT1440 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:44 AM   #95
charlieroberts
macrumors 6502a

Wasnt there a report about Apple completely rebooting the iPad and iPhone late spring next year?

I really doubt they would call it 5S if it turns out to be true, although it does have a nice ring to it... but Id rather have a complete reboot.
charlieroberts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:44 AM   #96
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_elt View Post
These s versions are getting boring for a company of their size. Inovate please.
What exactly are you looking for? I hear innovate thrown out all the time it's almost cliché now.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:46 AM   #97
KdParker
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
I'm not buying this "middle of 2013" stuff for a second.
would be nice to go back to the release dates of end of June for IOS and iPhone.
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:50 AM   #98
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkingucla View Post
I only found this article on digitimes, which says Apple's demand for part is going up 20% next yr?

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20121204PD210.html

Could the drop be attributed to the iRadio being 'nowhere close' rumor? Which would be lol
Now I'm hearing it has to do with margin requirements changing on the stock. Though I'm sure the haters out there would love it to be due to all the memes out there right now - lack of innovation, Steve Jobs "premium" over, declining tablet share, etc. as far as DigiTimes report, I think I saw it in Marketwatch.com so who knows if it's accurate.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:51 AM   #99
KdParker
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szarky View Post
Or more realistic they're just shifting to a different release schedule. Fall for the iPad line as people aren't bound by contracts so they're more likely to buy them around Christmas shopping. iPhone needs to be further away for the iPad refresh anyway, this year was way too close together. Each line needs it's own time to shine. Just by putting iPad in Fall you automatically have to move the iPhone line as people are bound by contracts ending when they buy a phone so it really doesn't matter too much what time of year you release it as people start contracts at all times of the year so they're likely to just get whatever phone is available when they're contract ends.
I hope this is the case and the iPhone5s is released the last week of June.
KdParker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:13 PM   #100
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
What exactly are you looking for? I hear innovate thrown out all the time it's almost cliché now.
Do you really want me to burst your i bubble

Last edited by nick_elt; Dec 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion