Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Hey guys..not sure if you guys did this before or what? I want this thread to be a legit complaint section. Go ahead and post your complaint so that i can gather all of your complaint into one big pile of complaint. I'll be sending this to feedback section. THx

- Safari loading gets stuck.
- It takes long time to load an app from MBP '11.
- Reminder doesn't sync well with my idevices (meaning it doesn't sync with my yahoo account)

- I don't know why but when I type in the search/address bar of Safari 6, just a few words only (I haven't pressed "Enter" yet,) then the search form automatically submits itself either to an autocompleted address or to a Google search.

It's like this:

1/ I type in "macr" in to the address bar
2/ Safari 6 shows the address autocomplete suggestion for macrumors.com
(Haven't pressed Enter or anything yet)
3/ Safari goes straight to weird websites without my consent

- Whenever I change my wallpaper the comp defaults back to the original. My wallpapers are saved as individual files in the pictures directory, and I assign the background via sys preference. I have tried to rename the file, move to a new location, and even deleted apps thinking a conflict is to blame, nothing.

- (Problem with imessage) I find it constantly fails to send a message if I haven't used it for a little while. If I am sending a 2nd follow up message I have to wait a while to make sure the first one has been sent or it just confuses whoever I am talking to.

- All the "Find" commands in the Notes.app are deactivated. Have been since the introduction of ML and still are in the current 10.8.3. Beta
View attachment 381702

-I'd love it if iMessages stopped being such a RAM hog. I don't know if it has a memory leak or what, but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. I think the issue might have something to do with fetching pictures on launch.

Addition to iMessage: It should be available for all my other programs I'd like to run! My computer grinds to a halt because Messages sits in the background and consumes all the memory my computer has! It seems like my options are:
- Xcode
- Eclipse
- GitHub
- Safari
- Spotify
all open at once

Or
Open at once.

It's completely ridiculous how much memory Messages consumes.

- 1. I want to name the desktops I spawn.

2. I want the name of the window to be under the window in Mission Control (group by application unchecked).

3. Rendering issues in Safari. From screen tearing to disappearing text. (New webkit seems to solve these issues)

- Siri with a truly heuristic approach to things would be nice.

Mac Pro (early 2009 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon) won't wake from deep sleep after installing OS X 10.8.2 . I have the default setting set for sleep. The only way to "wake" the machine is to hold the power button down to shut down and then restart. I've reset NVRAM (pram) and tried removing power cable. Nothing helps.

Last edited:

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
All the "Find" commands in the Notes.app are deactivated. Have been since the introduction of ML and still are in the current 10.8.3. Beta:

Screen Shot1.png

Edit:

1/ I type in "macr" in to the address bar
2/ Safari 6 shows the address autocomplete suggestion for macrumors.com
(Haven't pressed Enter or anything yet)
3/ Safari goes straight to macrumors.com without my consent

Mine works fine (Safari 6.0.2 in ML 10.8.2). I can't replicate this behavior. Safari dutifully waits for me to press ENTER before moving on. It doesn't matter which page I'm on including Google.

Before you guys go screaming to Apple you need to do some sleuthing on your own. Clean Install 10.8.2 on a USB stick or external first, then check these "bugs".

Last edited:

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
All the "Find" commands in the Notes.app are deactivated. Have been since the introduction of ML and still are in the current 10.8.3. Beta:

View attachment 381702

Edit:

Mine works fine (Safari 6.0.2 in ML 10.8.2). I can't replicate this behavior. Safari dutifully waits for me to press ENTER before moving on. It doesn't matter which page I'm on including Google.

Before you guys go screaming to Apple you need to do some sleuthing on your own. Clean Install 10.8.2 on a USB stick or external first, then check these "bugs".
-done-

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
1. I want to name the desktops I spawn.

2. I want the name of the window to be under the window in Mission Control (group by application unchecked).

3. Rendering issues in Safari. From screen tearing to disappearing text. (New webkit seems to solve these issues)

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Hey guys..not sure if you guys did this before or what? I want this thread to be a legit complaint section. Go ahead and post your complaint so that i can gather all of your complaint into one big pile of complaint. I'll be sending this to feedback section. THx

Far more effective if everyone with a complaint/bug/suggestion go to http://apple.com/feedback/macosx.html themselves. It may feel like a black hole there but they do get read (just not replied). The more people submitting on any particular issue the more likely something will be done.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Far more effective if everyone with a complaint/bug/suggestion go to http://apple.com/feedback/macosx.html themselves. It may feel like a black hole there but they do get read (just not replied). The more people submitting on any particular issue the more likely something will be done.

I feel like if I keep submitting there, they're going to think I'm a troll lol. In all seriousness, I do submit feedback there as much as possible.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
i'm sending the whole thing tomorrow afternoon incase anyone else...i want this to be noticed by apple.

----------

yeah but i rather put it in one big thing so they can easily read the main problems rather than being scattered.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
i'm sending the whole thing tomorrow afternoon incase anyone else...i want this to be noticed by apple.

----------

yeah but i rather put it in one big thing so they can easily read the main problems rather than being scattered.

I imagine they have a whole team of people and each person gets assigned specific tasks... if you send several things that aught to be separate bug reports as one, they may not assign people to each separate issue as they should.

I'd love it if iMessages stopped being such a RAM hog. I don't know if it has a memory leak or what, but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. I think the issue might have something to do with fetching pictures on launch.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
I imagine they have a whole team of people and each person gets assigned specific tasks... if you send several things that aught to be separate bug reports as one, they may not assign people to each separate issue as they should.

I'd love it if iMessages stopped being such a RAM hog. I don't know if it has a memory leak or what, but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. I think the issue might have something to do with fetching pictures on launch.

added and done. thx.
response: You might be right...but then...who knows except those who work there. I rather let this be a significant read for them.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
What else should memory do... sit idle and unused?

It should be available for all my other programs I'd like to run! My computer grinds to a halt because Messages sits in the background and consumes all the memory my computer has! It seems like my options are:
- Xcode
- Eclipse
- GitHub
- Safari
- Spotify
all open at once

Or
Open at once.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
It should be available for all my other programs I'd like to run! My computer grinds to a halt because Messages sits in the background and consumes all the memory my computer has! It seems like my options are:
- Xcode
- Eclipse
- GitHub
- Safari
- Spotify
all open at once

Or
Open at once.

Something definitely wrong there. I use messages a lot and it only uses about 100MB on mine tops.

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
noted and done... thx

----------

noted and added...thx
Response: I have exact same mac pro and didn't have problem with it ML..maybe i just didn't realize it.

Its not the Mac Pro only. I have a 2009 iMac and have the same problems. Others have MacBook Pro's and also have problems since 10.8.2.

rhoydotp

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2006
I want this thread to be a legit complaint section. Go ahead and post your complaint so that i can gather all of your complaint into one big pile of complaint. I'll be sending this to feedback section. THx

do you really have an inside track with Apple developers? just curious

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
do you really have an inside track with Apple developers? just curious

me personally, no. but i know someone who does. i usually send MY complaint to him.

----------

Its not the Mac Pro only. I have a 2009 iMac and have the same problems. Others have MacBook Pro's and also have problems since 10.8.2.

well, i've already sent the problem..i'm hoping they will address this problem.

Tucson Allen

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Upgrading to 10.8.2 wiped my settings and my dock items

I just migrated to a new 21.5 from an early 2006 iMac running 10.6.8, updated my apps, like DragThing. I had my dock filled with what I want, dumped what I don't use, and my DragThing all set up.

I was prompted to upgrade to 10.8.2 and did so. The upgrade wiped out my settings for DragThing, forcing me to start from scratch. All my Mail mailboxes were erased, along with years of data I rely on for registration, receipts, and other important reference data. The Dock was wiped of all my things (like DragThing). All of the things I had deleted were back. I have enough to do to ready my new computer without set-backs like this. Apple's upgrade in fact was for me a downgrade.

I found that Safari's fonts and font sizes cannot be changed. That's a serious blow to my having access to Safari's use because of my eyesight. Having it read would be worse because of my hearing. Zooming the fonts doesn't help because of their complex structure. Is this an example of Apple's trying to make it more like iOS?

Last edited:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Something wrong with your system. For me right now, messages consumes a whopping 78mb. It runs 24/7.

I just had it consuming 2 GB of real memory + 16 GB virtual. It behaves fine for hours at a time... I think the issue might be related to it being open but the computer being asleep or running a sleep saver when I receive messages? I really can't tell, but it's not uncommon for it to hit these colossal amounts of memory.

It took my computer 8 minutes to wake up just now on account of iMesages, I believe.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I just migrated to a new 21.5 from an early 2006 iMac running 10.6.8, updated my apps, like DragThing. I had my dock filled with what I want, dumped what I don't use, and my DragThing all set up.

I was prompted to upgrade to 10.8.2 and did so. The upgrade wiped out my settings for DragThing, forcing me to start from scratch. All my Mail mailboxes were erased, along with years of data I rely on for registration, receipts, and other important reference data. The Dock was wiped of all my things (like DragThing). All of the things I had deleted were back. I have enough to do to ready my new computer without set-backs like this. Apple's upgrade in fact was for me a downgrade.

I found that Safari's fonts and font sizes cannot be changed. That's a serious blow to my having access to Safari's use because of my eyesight. Having it read would be worse because of my hearing. Zooming the fonts doesn't help because of their complex structure. Is this an example of Apple's trying to make it more like iOS?

It sounds like you had an old backup that you migrated from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.