Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:30 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad

A couple of weeks after showing off Pudding Monsters for the first time, Cut the Rope creator ZeptoLab has now released the new title in the App Store. The puzzle game involves sticking blocks of desserts together to create larger and larger dessert monsters.

Quote:
The Pudding Monsters are on a mission to save their friends from the cold-hearted fridge owner! Growing into an ULTIMATE MEGA MONSTER sounds like the most reliable plan.

Off the table, out of the house, and into the city - swipe to stick the Pudding Monsters together and save their friends!

Take advantage of different monster species and their powers (like Slime Monster, who leaves a trail of green goo), boost your growth using the cloning machines, wear pretty little cars on your head and much more!

Features:

- 75 levels with more to come!
- Innovative stick-'em-together game-play mechanics
- Unique monster shapes, wacky personalities and attributes
- Fun, mind-bending experience suitable for all ages
The game is available in two separate versions, each priced at $0.99: an iPhone version [Direct Link] and an HD iPad version [Direct Link].

In an interview with Bloomberg about the release of the game, ZeptoLab CEO Misha Lyalin notes that the company plans to release five more games next year, including both new properties and follow-ups such as new Cut the Rope titles.

Article Link: 'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 PM   #2
djearlybird
macrumors regular

This article makes me hungry
djearlybird is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:27 AM   #3
foobarbaz
macrumors 6502

Again with the double dipping! I don't want to pay twice just so I can continue playing on the go… now I'm not buying either!
foobarbaz is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:14 AM   #4
tann
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobarbaz View Post
Again with the double dipping! I don't want to pay twice just so I can continue playing on the go… now I'm not buying either!
I get annoyed at this... if there isn't iCloud save syncs. If there is I don't mind buying twice as at the end of the day it's $2. I'll just not buy a drink or chocolate bar today or something!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:36 AM   #5
star-affinity
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It's crazy how cheap people are with prices for mobile apps. Especially if it's a "full" game that don't want you to by stuff in game I think paying $2 for both versions isn't very much.

But at the same time, since the release of new games and apps comes at a such high rate, if one buys many for $1 each it adds up. I guess one has to skip buying everything that seems interesting.
star-affinity is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:39 AM   #6
kbmb
macrumors 68030

Quote:

If they keep both at .99 cents....then I don't mind. A universal app would probably have been $1.99 or more anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
I get annoyed at this... if there isn't iCloud save syncs. If there is I don't mind buying twice as at the end of the day it's $2. I'll just not buy a drink or chocolate bar today or something!

I only bought the HD version.....but so far I don't see the iCloud sync They did it so well with Cut The Rope....wonder why it's not in this one.

-Kevin
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Xenc
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It's not "double dipping". They are two separate devices with different specifications. Developers have every right to charge for the time it takes to adapt or rewrite their app for the iPhone or iPad.
Xenc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:34 AM   #8
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

You ever think about how stuffing iPad, iPhone, iPhone 5 material in one app is just a huge waste of space for those that only have one or the other?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:05 PM   #9
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
Agree on both points. Put in syncing and just charge $1.99 for a universal app
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:00 AM   #10
shinji
macrumors 6502a

Fun game, but they don't give you many levels.
shinji is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:13 AM   #11
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

This game is such a rip off. I'm not even that good of a gamer to begin with, and it only took me one sitting to get through all 75 levels with three stars and all crowns. I'm glad I got the free Android version. I would be so p/o'd if I paid for this.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Xenc
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
This game is such a rip off. I'm not even that good of a gamer to begin with, and it only took me one sitting to get through all 75 levels with three stars and all crowns. I'm glad I got the free Android version. I would be so p/o'd if I paid for this.
The game is aimed at a younger audience and will have updates. Nonetheless, "in one sitting" for most causal iPhone games is usually only a short duration. Don't expect too much from a 69p spend!
Xenc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:04 PM   #13
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenc View Post
The game is aimed at a younger audience and will have updates. Nonetheless, "in one sitting" for most causal iPhone games is usually only a short duration. Don't expect too much from a 69p spend!
When I can sit in the car for five minutes and knock out 20+ levels, that is a problem. Sure, it's for a younger audience, but so is Where's My Water? and that's much more challenging. It'll have updates, but I'd have deleted it from my device by that point.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:27 PM   #14
blackhand1001
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

A couple of weeks after showing off Pudding Monsters for the first time, Cut the Rope creator ZeptoLab has now released the new title in the App Store. The puzzle game involves sticking blocks of desserts together to create larger and larger dessert monsters.

The game is available in two separate versions, each priced at $0.99: an iPhone version [Direct Link] and an HD iPad version [Direct Link].

In an interview with Bloomberg about the release of the game, ZeptoLab CEO Misha Lyalin notes that the company plans to release five more games next year, including both new properties and follow-ups such as new Cut the Rope titles.

Article Link: 'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad
Its also available on android as well. Its free on there as well.
Moto X Dev Edition (VZW) Nexus 7
blackhand1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion