Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1
haigie
macrumors newbie

Clear vs. Reminders

I really like Clear on the iPhone for the interface - very slick - even though it probably isn't as useful as the reminders app itself, mainly having alerts for certain tasks.

Tempted to download Clear for OS X, but unsure if it is worth the money. Anyone out there using it so far and do you think there are any major benefits over using Reminders (apart from iCloud)?
haigie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2
squidkitten
macrumors regular

I think Clear for iOS is really nice, because it's a visually nice list app. I really enjoy using it to keep random lists of films I need to watch, or albums I need to check out, and especially for my grocery list. I think my favorite feature is that after you swipe an item to the side when you put it into your shopping cart, it can remain grayed out at the bottom, meaning if you need to buy the same things on your next trip, you can just swipe it again to reactivate it without having to retype the item.

I personally did not buy Clear for Mac, mostly because this list making feature is really only useful to me on the go. I think Reminders is more practical for actual reminders.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:35 PM   #3
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

Nothing wrong with using both. Reminders for when you have a dead line, Clear for when you just want to make to do lists without any major time penalties.
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store