Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1
cuzo
macrumors 6502

Organization tips

I have about 7 pages of apps, any tips how to organize and use folders? Is like maybe 2 pages tops with apps.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of your home screen.
cuzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Satnam1989
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzo View Post
I have about 7 pages of apps, any tips how to organize and use folders? Is like maybe 2 pages tops with apps.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of your home screen.

Simple, Keep your frequently used apps on the "Home Screen" meaning first one along with Phone, Messages, Safari (or other browser) and Mail (or another app that you use more than mail) on your Dock.

Second Page you can make folders with various types of apps such as "Business", "Games", "Social Networking", "Travel", "News" Etc.

Once Jailbreak is out I will make Dock have 5 icons just because I like having a music app with ease of access on the Dock and install my favorite tweak called "Zephyr" which allows you to do swipe out of apps instead of using home button

My layout may not be efficient for you, but for me it works as I do just fine with my setup, I have been having similar setup on my iPhone's since 3GS days and haven't changed it much as my mind and fingers are used to getting to those apps in those locations on the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone 5-1.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	381772   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone5-2.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	381773  
Satnam1989 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:37 PM   #3
cuzo
macrumors 6502

Looks good, thank you very much.
cuzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Zerozal
macrumors 6502

Funny you should bring up this topic. I just spent quite a while last weekend restructuring my screens from 6 down to 1. Here's a screenshot of my new, single-screen setup.

The dock holds what I consider to be the most important built-in functions--phone, internet, music, and camera. The row across the top are the most important apps, and ones that I need to know at a glance if there are any notifications--mail, calendar, IM, and OmniFocus. Then, all of my other apps are now organized in folders by category. They are social, reference, utilities, travel, media, "simple" games, and "complex" games. I'm using emoji as the folder names for added simplicity.

You may notice that there is another page on the right--that's for a folder with all the unused apps or apps that I have a better replacement for (stocks, weather, calculator, etc), and of course the dreaded newsstand. I never have to swipe to this screen.

Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1545.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	381794  
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerozal View Post
Funny you should bring up this topic. I just spent quite a while last weekend restructuring my screens from 6 down to 1. Here's a screenshot of my new, single-screen setup.

The dock holds what I consider to be the most important built-in functions--phone, internet, music, and camera. The row across the top are the most important apps, and ones that I need to know at a glance if there are any notifications--mail, calendar, IM, and OmniFocus. Then, all of my other apps are now organized in folders by category. They are social, reference, utilities, travel, media, "simple" games, and "complex" games. I'm using emoji as the folder names for added simplicity.

You may notice that there is another page on the right--that's for a folder with all the unused apps or apps that I have a better replacement for (stocks, weather, calculator, etc), and of course the dreaded newsstand. I never have to swipe to this screen.

Hope that helps.
Wow that's very neat. Like the way you arrange your apps. Kudos to you man.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone