Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
estockme
macrumors regular

Why is messages so clunky?

Am I missing something?
-Buddy list is missing/floating around somewhere; why can it not be a part of the sidebar?
-I start typing a friend's name in the new message line and 15 different versions of their name pop up with 3 different imessage contacts
-this would be a nice thing to put on my dashboard, no?
-and how about a global hotkey to bring it up too
-taskbar icon should be able to open the window, not just change status/compose new message

am I overthinking things or what
estockme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Resist
macrumors 68030

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I get real annoyed when I use iMessage on my iPhone, then try to continue a conversation on my Macbook Pro with Messages only to find the text all out of order. Yet it seems to work fine starting a text via Messages and then going to iMessage via my iPhone.

"It just works", doesn't seem to apply to everything Apple designs.
Resist is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X