Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:13 AM   #1
squidkitten
macrumors 6502

Can't update app from App Store?

Long story short, my hard drive crashed and being the lazy person I am, I haven't backed up my computer since July. Thankfully, I didn't lose anything I can't find again (though, I'm stuck with my pre-organized iTunes library, which is annoying as hell).

When I booted up my MBP with my old backup, I was going through the process of brining all my apps up to date, but for some reason I have one that is completely stuck.

The Mac App Store tells me I have an update for iPhoto, but when I click on it I get a notice that I need to sign in with the account I purchased it with…which is strange, because I don't recall ever purchasing iPhoto (it came with my Mac) and it's odd that it wouldn't accept my current Apple ID when all my other updates did.

Basically, I could care less if iPhoto ACTUALLY updates, because I don't use it. I just want a way to make the annoying red notification on the App Store icon go away, and I want to get rid of the update all together.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:40 AM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Can you try updating to iPhoto 9.4.2? Or if you don't have Lion or Mountain Lion installed yet, one of the other updates listed here?
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:44 AM   #3
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidkitten View Post
Long story short, my hard drive crashed and being the lazy person I am, I haven't backed up my computer since July. Thankfully, I didn't lose anything I can't find again (though, I'm stuck with my pre-organized iTunes library, which is annoying as hell).

When I booted up my MBP with my old backup, I was going through the process of brining all my apps up to date, but for some reason I have one that is completely stuck.

The Mac App Store tells me I have an update for iPhoto, but when I click on it I get a notice that I need to sign in with the account I purchased it with…which is strange, because I don't recall ever purchasing iPhoto (it came with my Mac) and it's odd that it wouldn't accept my current Apple ID when all my other updates did.

Basically, I could care less if iPhoto ACTUALLY updates, because I don't use it. I just want a way to make the annoying red notification on the App Store icon go away, and I want to get rid of the update all together.

Any ideas?
You CAN ignore an update in Appstore, just look for it, I don't have Appstore(Leopard) but I do know you can ignore updates.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:47 AM   #4
squidkitten
macrumors 6502

It seems that I'm on 9.4.1, and the update it wants me to do is 9.4.2

I'm downloading the update for 9.4.2 from the Apple Support link you gave me, so we'll see if that will work instead!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store