Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
Long story short, my hard drive crashed and being the lazy person I am, I haven't backed up my computer since July. Thankfully, I didn't lose anything I can't find again (though, I'm stuck with my pre-organized iTunes library, which is annoying as hell).

When I booted up my MBP with my old backup, I was going through the process of brining all my apps up to date, but for some reason I have one that is completely stuck.

The Mac App Store tells me I have an update for iPhoto, but when I click on it I get a notice that I need to sign in with the account I purchased it with…which is strange, because I don't recall ever purchasing iPhoto (it came with my Mac) and it's odd that it wouldn't accept my current Apple ID when all my other updates did.

Basically, I could care less if iPhoto ACTUALLY updates, because I don't use it. I just want a way to make the annoying red notification on the App Store icon go away, and I want to get rid of the update all together.

Any ideas?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Long story short, my hard drive crashed and being the lazy person I am, I haven't backed up my computer since July. Thankfully, I didn't lose anything I can't find again (though, I'm stuck with my pre-organized iTunes library, which is annoying as hell).

When I booted up my MBP with my old backup, I was going through the process of brining all my apps up to date, but for some reason I have one that is completely stuck.

The Mac App Store tells me I have an update for iPhoto, but when I click on it I get a notice that I need to sign in with the account I purchased it with…which is strange, because I don't recall ever purchasing iPhoto (it came with my Mac) and it's odd that it wouldn't accept my current Apple ID when all my other updates did.

Basically, I could care less if iPhoto ACTUALLY updates, because I don't use it. I just want a way to make the annoying red notification on the App Store icon go away, and I want to get rid of the update all together.

Any ideas?

You CAN ignore an update in Appstore, just look for it, I don't have Appstore(Leopard) but I do know you can ignore updates.

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
It seems that I'm on 9.4.1, and the update it wants me to do is 9.4.2

I'm downloading the update for 9.4.2 from the Apple Support link you gave me, so we'll see if that will work instead!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.