Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
So I haven't gotten myself something in a very long time. I can't seem to make my mind up on what to get, I'd like to get extra storage or a harmony one remote or an apple tv or more memory for my mbp..or...etc...Too many things I want and I can't seem to decide which one. So I thought it would be a good idea to see what you guys would do with my 100-200; post pictures please.

2ndchancephones

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2011
Denton, TX
I put more memory into my MBP and that would be a super choice as it makes it feel like you got a new machine!!

An external drive might be a good option as well. Always good to have one of those around.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'd go with the RAM....I recently took my MBP up to 16GB and the difference was very noticeable....Those "One Shot" remotes don't work as they claim...Must have tried 4 brands now, and not one did as described. With the advent of ARC technologies, and AV equipment compatibility, they are becoming something of an out of date idea now too.

My main TV (Sony Bravia) allows me to control the AV system, Blu-Ray player, and HDD recorder. I only reach for the AV remote if I want to change an advanced setting.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
thanks for the suggestion guys, btw you are not limited to just choosing between what I listed. You can suggest other things.

I want an HTPC, I have a mac mini...the reason why I brought up the remote was to control the mac mini along with my tv and comcast.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'd go with the RAM....I recently took my MBP up to 16GB and the difference was very noticeable....Those "One Shot" remotes don't work as they claim...Must have tried 4 brands now, and not one did as described. With the advent of ARC technologies, and AV equipment compatibility, they are becoming something of an out of date idea now too.

My main TV (Sony Bravia) allows me to control the AV system, Blu-Ray player, and HDD recorder. I only reach for the AV remote if I want to change an advanced setting.

Wow, my Harmony remote has done everything it's supposed to do. Easy as pie.

$100-$200? I'd buy a wood router. I'm weird like that.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
So I haven't gotten myself something in a very long time. I can't seem to make my mind up on what to get, I'd like to get extra storage or a harmony one remote or an apple tv or more memory for my mbp..or...etc...Too many things I want and I can't seem to decide which one. So I thought it would be a good idea to see what you guys would do with my 100-200; post pictures please.

What do you do with your life?

Buy an experience. Go skydiving.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
SO I actually bought a mac wireless keyboard and magic track pad today...along with xbox 360 controller.

I'm not done

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
One two hundred dollar hookerbot, or two hundred one dollar hookerbots. Hmmm.

Bender1.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.