Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:39 AM   #1
slch
macrumors newbie

iPad mini touch responsiveness in app Store

Hi all,

I've just received my iPad mini and I've been testing it a little bit for 2 days.

The device is just great, but I find myself missing many "clicks" (screen does not respond) specially near to the borders. It's specially obvious when trying to click the "x" in the search field of the App Store (it takes me many attempts to hit).

In the App Store it also happens that I click in the right column and it selects a element on the left one.

¿Is the AppStore not optimized? ¿Is the touchscreen of the iPad mini a bad one? ¿Is only my device?

Sorry for my English :P
slch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:21 AM   #2
mattopotamus
macrumors 604

I think a lot of other people have had that problem and it is b.c the resolution. It is not something wrong with your device, but more of an annoyance everyone is dealing with.
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:23 AM   #3
THFourteen
macrumors 6502

i noticed this...

it definitely feels like a bigger problem than just because of the resolution.

the x in the appstore always causes issues, as well as some of the safari buttons
THFourteen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Alshujibi
macrumors regular

i think this is because of te new technology apple using after reducing the sides space.

you to make your own special touch to make it right, i guess!

http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/design/

Quote:
iPad mini intelligently recognizes whether your thumb is simply resting on the display or whether you’re intentionally interacting with it. It’s the kind of detail you’ll notice — by not noticing it. And it’s a great example of how Apple hardware and software work together to give you the best experience possible.

Last edited by Alshujibi; Dec 6, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Alshujibi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad