Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Hi all,

I've just received my iPad mini and I've been testing it a little bit for 2 days.

The device is just great, but I find myself missing many "clicks" (screen does not respond) specially near to the borders. It's specially obvious when trying to click the "x" in the search field of the App Store (it takes me many attempts to hit).

In the App Store it also happens that I click in the right column and it selects a element on the left one.

¿Is the AppStore not optimized? ¿Is the touchscreen of the iPad mini a bad one? ¿Is only my device?

Sorry for my English :p

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I think a lot of other people have had that problem and it is b.c the resolution. It is not something wrong with your device, but more of an annoyance everyone is dealing with.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
i noticed this...

it definitely feels like a bigger problem than just because of the resolution.

the x in the appstore always causes issues, as well as some of the safari buttons

Alshujibi

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2012
New Castle, DE
i think this is because of te new technology apple using after reducing the sides space.

you to make your own special touch to make it right, i guess! ;)

http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/design/

iPad mini intelligently recognizes whether your thumb is simply resting on the display or whether you’re intentionally interacting with it. It’s the kind of detail you’ll notice — by not noticing it. And it’s a great example of how Apple hardware and software work together to give you the best experience possible.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.