Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:18 AM   #1
asattwanger
macrumors newbie

Mac Mini with flash drive verse Air

Hey guys, well my MBAir lasted me about 5 months before I destroyed it. Simply I can not work photos or video and not have something to drink. Apple store says about $800 to fix it. Deal considering the cost of the unit. Trouble is didn't back it up and I can find anyone that had a reader for this drive yet. So thinking get something else until I can find out if the drive works or not.

So, will the upgraded Mini with flash drive perform as well or better than the MBA for video and photos? My first guess would be yes with the quad core and what not, but I wanted to ask.

Thanks,

ASAT
asattwanger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2
iWeekend
macrumors regular

http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks

In other words. mini > air for cpu power. top end to top end models.
iWeekend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:25 PM   #3
majkom
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by asattwanger View Post
Hey guys, well my MBAir lasted me about 5 months before I destroyed it. Simply I can not work photos or video and not have something to drink. Apple store says about $800 to fix it. Deal considering the cost of the unit. Trouble is didn't back it up and I can find anyone that had a reader for this drive yet. So thinking get something else until I can find out if the drive works or not.

So, will the upgraded Mini with flash drive perform as well or better than the MBA for video and photos? My first guess would be yes with the quad core and what not, but I wanted to ask.

Thanks,

ASAT
new mini with ssd will be killer compared to your air... RIP air
majkom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Yebubbleman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by asattwanger View Post

Thanks,

ASAT
If you can't get work done without a liquid beverage, get a desktop; a keyboard is $70 at maximum, a MacBook Air is $1000 at minimum.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:29 AM   #5
ZenMoto
macrumors newbie

a thin keyboard cover is like two dollars. i have them on the air and wireless keyboard. They really do save your gear from spills and misc debris.
ZenMoto is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:57 AM   #6
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

First things first: get a cup with a lock-on lid and/or weighted bottom. This will help deter any further accidents.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini