[iPad Mini] iPad mini, the best thing since sliced bread. - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
iToonz
macrumors member

Talking iPad mini, the best thing since sliced bread.

I previously owned the iPad, iPad 2. But the iPad mini I can't put this thing down. It fits so well in my hand. . I currently still have my 3 put its catching dust now. I can live without the retina display. I will never listen the the complainers here again!

Even though I am one of them sometimes lol
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:00 PM   #2
maverick22
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iToonz View Post
I previously owned the iPad, iPad 2. But the iPad mini I can't put this thing down. It fits so well in my hand. . I currently still have my 3 put its catching dust now. I can live without the retina display. I will never listen the the complainers here again!

Good to hear! Getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger. I'm tired of trying every day at local Best Buys and Targets. I think I'm just going to order from that place in Manhattan.
maverick22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:03 PM   #3
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:

I agree with you on this one. The upside of the small, portable design outweighs the retina display. Everyone I know has one, and it's a very small percentage who complain about the lack of a retina display. To the average user, the term "retina display" means nothing....
shenan1982 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:07 PM   #4
solo118
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
Good to hear! Getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger. I'm tired of trying every day at local Best Buys and Targets. I think I'm just going to order from that place in Manhattan.
No worries with ordering either from them or B&H Photo. Both great places to buy from.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:15 PM   #5
maverick22
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo118 View Post
No worries with ordering either from them or B&H Photo. Both great places to buy from.
Thanks, b&h photo has pre-order, released in limited quantity though.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Try Macmall. They had a bunch in stock when I got mine (ended up not enjoying the experience though so I sold it).
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:39 PM   #7
maverick22
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins321 View Post
Try Macmall. They had a bunch in stock when I got mine (ended up not enjoying the experience though so I sold it).
Do they charge tax? The place in Manhattan does not. I'm trying to get a place just to order online with my card. Both of these are order by phone.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:13 PM   #8
iToonz
macrumors member

Quote:

I was lucky enough to get one on Black Friday. Went to Walmart and got the last one. Every other place is still sold out.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:15 PM   #9
maverick22
macrumors regular

Quote:
I was lucky enough to get one on Black Friday. Went to Walmart and got the last one. Every other place is still sold out.
My Walmart has crappy inventory as far as technology goes. Don't think they ever got the ipad 3 in. Always outdated Apple products there. Never got the Nexus 7 in either.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:02 PM   #10
iSensei
Banned

Quote:
Question - does the black ipad mini suck just as much as the black iphone 5? the anodization is crappy on the black iphone 5 and peels off. The white ipad mini looks cool.
iSensei is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:19 PM   #11
iToonz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
Question - does the black ipad mini suck just as much as the black iphone 5? the anodization is crappy on the black iphone 5 and peels off. The white ipad mini looks cool.

Never really took notice. I have the white model and its been in an otter box since day one.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:23 PM   #12
Hamburger
macrumors regular

Quote:
I don't have the iPhone 5, but I have no problems with anodization on my iPad Mini. And if so, I wouldn't be really bothered. I have a smart cover, but the back is unprotected. It is an object I use, so some sort of scratches/scuffs can't be avoided. Dito for my iPhone 4s, always used naked.

And yes, I love my Mini, fantastic form factor, have it since day one. I'm coming from iPad 1 I don't care about retina.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:26 PM   #13
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Wink

As thin as a slice of bread too!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:26 PM   #14
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

OP, totally agree. I can't put this thing down. I had an iPad 2 for a week and it never impressed me. The weight and size of the Mini changes everything though.

Quote:
Sure does. I exchanged my black iPad mini for that very reason. It had been less than a week before silver lines and dots started appearing on the black chamfered edges.

iPad mini Wi-Fi 64GB White iPhone 4 16GB White iPod Nano 8GB Silver
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:30 PM   #15
panda bear
macrumors 68000

If you're trying to find a place to buy a mini, just go on the site or use their mobile app at 10pm, keep trying to place the mini in your cart until it stops saying that it is not available at your store. Then set it for in store pickup for the next day. Pay for it right then with your credit card, then go in the store the next day to pick it up.

I've done this twice already. Once with a 16gb white and once with a 16gb black.

Just make sure you have the order number (which will be emailed to you) and your ID.

Simple and very easy and you don't even have to wait that long or really go out of your way to get one.
panda bear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:36 PM   #16
rowspaxe
macrumors 6502

Pre-release--I saw the mini as a likely success, but now it seems to likely to eclipse the "flagship" ipad. I think it has also settled the 4:3 v 16;9 wars--this thing is perfect! Retina enthusiasts may have a hard time going back to 163 dpi, but I will have avhard time going back to a pound and a half device.
rowspaxe is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:29 PM   #17
CandyNJ66
macrumors regular

I'm extremely addicted weeks later and very happy with the 64GB Mini
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:49 PM   #18
Pecheneg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Check Apple Store on West 14th St. they have them almost every day. Thats were i got mine.
Pecheneg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:05 PM   #19
maverick22
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecheneg View Post
Check Apple Store on West 14th St. they have them almost every day. Thats were i got mine.
I live near Dallas, TX (about 30 minutes from the nearest Apple store though).
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:04 PM   #20
davidinva
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Do they charge tax? The place in Manhattan does not. I'm trying to get a place just to order online with my card. Both of these are order by phone.
I just got a new iPod from MacMall. $10 off, no tax, free shipping. I have bought several things (including a desktop Mac) from them over the years. No problems.
davidinva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:39 PM   #21
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Quote:
I previously owned the iPad, iPad 2. But the iPad mini I can't put this thing down. It fits so well in my hand.
Yep! This adorable little thing just begs to be picked up, held, fondled, touched....and played with for hours on end! I have only had mine a couple of days now and I'm absolutely in love, totally besotted..... The iPad 2 (soon to be leaving) and the iPad 3 are still in the household but it's the iPad Mini for which I reach time after time......
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:05 PM   #22
iToonz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
Yep! This adorable little thing just begs to be picked up, held, fondled, touched....and played with for hours on end! I have only had mine a couple of days now and I'm absolutely in love, totally besotted..... The iPad 2 (soon to be leaving) and the iPad 3 are still in the household but it's the iPad Mini for which I reach time after time......

I feed mine the most premium dog food
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:17 PM   #23
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
LOL!!!!!!!!

I just pick mine up and hug her, smile at her and hold her comfortably when I put her to work......
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:55 PM   #24
j.benj
macrumors member

Totally agreed! I've had my 64gb mini for a couple weeks now and it's with me all the time. I loaded Downcast and a couple thousand songs on it and I use it as a media player while I'm in the office. The lack of retina doesn't bother me at all. My poor iPad 3 hasn't been used since the mini came along.
j.benj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:05 PM   #25
ninermac
macrumors member

Quote:

I've been itching to take the plunge... Perhaps it is time. Have a 3 and would welcome the new form factor.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad