Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:38 PM   #1
el3ctone
macrumors member

Snow Leopard Server in RAID10 with Partitions = Slow?

Hey guys,

At work i'm trying to setup a server running SL Server, and I have set up 4 x 1TB drives in RAID 10. I also partitioned them to allow me to have 500GB for System, and 1.5TB for DATA. I have the services data on the 1.5 "DATA" partition.

My problem now that i've discovered is that with this setup. Workgroup Manager, Server Preferences, and Server Admin perform REALLY slowly. Adding a user takes about 2 minutes, not to mention that Server Preferences takes about a minute before it's usable.

Am I doing something wrong here?
el3ctone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking