Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Fugue
macrumors 6502

Internet Stops working in Safari

I started getting the most annoying bug in Safari today, and it's driving me insane.

Whenever I visit a certain site (my universities website which I use daily), my internet stops working. So as soon as I visit the site, I can no longer connect to the internet or view other webpages. As soon as I close that tab, my internet is back to working great.

This started happening this morning, and as far as I know, nothing changed in my Mac. No updates, no preference changes, same as before. I reset Safari, reset my Mac, and even attempted connecting to that site through another Wifi connection, and I get the same exact problem.

Even stranger, that site WORKS in Google Chrome. In other words, the bug is present only in Safari and it only came up this morning. For now, I am using Chrome as my default browser, and fortunately it's not too bad, although I miss some Safari features and would love to get it working again.

Has anyone experienced such a weird bug? If so, or if you have any clue what my problem could be, help!

Fugue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion