Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sun surfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
OK, the thread title might be confusing. Here's what I'm looking for - a back protector that is a film/skin/decal type that clings to the mini. I want it clear like a screen protector but I want to apply it dry, not with a wet watery spray solution.

I've used decalgirl for other devices for non-clear designs and they make a great product that sticks and removes easily with no residue without any sort of silly wet apply. Also, I've found Teksure from Lucky Labs that makes a film for the back, some even a similar colour match and with the Apple logo cut out for a nicer look, but again no clear.

Why are all the clear films for the back applied with some stupid wet solution? I don't want to be spraying water on my mini and I watched the youtubes on how to apply them and I don't like them. Why can't they make a clear decal like what Teksure or decalgirl makes? Does anyone know of any?

HoosierInFL

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
I applied a Wrapsol wet application piece to the back of my mini. It's a perfect install. Not a single bubble. You can't even tell it's there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.