Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Hi,

I'd like to save a huge thread from a forum which also has embedded images (usually the images are uploaded to the forum via imageshack and similar services).

The forum is based on vbulletin 3.8.7

I've found the SiteSucker app, but it's meant for downloading whole sites. I guess I might achieve to download just a thread by defining a lot of exclusion paths (ie: all paths that cause to get a step above the thread should be excluded), but it seems a lot of work.

Isn't there some easier way for doing this?

Thanks!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hi,

I'd like to save a huge thread from a forum which also has embedded images (usually the images are uploaded to the forum via imageshack and similar services).

The forum is based on vbulletin 3.8.7

I've found the SiteSucker app, but it's meant for downloading whole sites. I guess I might achieve to download just a thread by defining a lot of exclusion paths (ie: all paths that cause to get a step above the thread should be excluded), but it seems a lot of work.

Isn't there some easier way for doing this?

Thanks!

There are other ones which might be better, I am on Leopard and don't know if these work on your OS.

PageSucker
WebPeek
WebGrabber
WebCopier
Web Dumper
Web Devil
SiteOrbiter

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.