Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:45 PM   #51
LaurieF
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to LaurieF
My order hasn't changed

It still shows:

Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 28/12/2012 - 08/01/2013 via Standard Shipping

It'd be nice if it were still in December, but, oh well, I'll just have another beer.

Laurie Fleming, the singing geek

@lauriefleming
LaurieF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:52 PM   #52
bassfingers
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobybiggs View Post
can you just order it from the store, or do you have to wait for them to actually get in stock? Like order there and have it shipped out delivered to the store and just pick it up?

I have lots of gift cards I am going to use on the purchase and I cant use them to order online, which blows!
Unfortunately not. Apple Stores work on a first come first serve basis. - with the exception of online orders for 'pick up in store'. Which doesn't really solve your problem
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:57 PM   #53
Cuban Missles
macrumors 6502a

Couldn't wait

Decided to order the 21". Tricked it out with all options. Arrives on Monday.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:11 PM   #54
Lancer
macrumors 68000

Ordered my 27" BTO the day after the launch (Sat 1st) and still hoping for delivery before Christmas but not banking on it.

Either way you're still better off placing your order ASAP and then just waiting.
Lancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:30 PM   #55
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco_Kid View Post
Assembled in the USA is already showing its ugly head, delay launch is step one, over budget will be next followed by quality control problems.

Coming from a 51st stater. Of couuuuuurrrsssee!
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:32 PM   #56
deconstruct60
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by omenatarhuri View Post
Oh ****. Missing the holiday season with these shenanigans...
Because folks will only buy a $1899 iMac during the holidays. I don't think depending up Santa is the major factor in the 12 month window for iMac sales.

If anything the holiday are likely part of the problem. If the 21.5" iMacs were "ready to ship in quantity" the week of Thanksgiving in US Apple would have run into a lack of shipping slots due to everyone else stocking up for "Black Friday" weekend sales. Same issue with Christmas for the week of 17-24th in advance of Xmas. Extra shipping slots are likely very tight.

I would guess that either 1/4 (first Friday after) or 8th (first Tuesday after) for there to be a large empty shipping slots to fly. (**)

The dock workers strike in LA-Long Beach probably isn't helping either.

** P.S. the allocation for initial orders probably have disappeared by now.

Last edited by deconstruct60; Dec 7, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
deconstruct60 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:46 PM   #57
tmroper
macrumors regular

Come to think of it, the 27" is probably going to be lot harder to service, too. The videos out there showing how to "de-laminate" the screen/glass combo are all on a 24" model, which looks hard enough. It's going to be really hard to wrangle a 27" one. I'm always just a little worried about not being able to easily replace the hard drive in an iMac, and this new design isn't helping.
tmroper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:54 PM   #58
myles.hughes
macrumors newbie

Yeah baby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 20.50.31.png
Views:	21
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	382174  
myles.hughes is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:56 PM   #59
doobybiggs
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles.hughes View Post
Yeah baby
when did you order?
doobybiggs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:12 PM   #60
Mythos44
macrumors newbie

Ordered mine and can't wait to get here.

Well I ordered mine on Wednesday

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad as I have a razor naga elite wireless mouse

They stated because I customized mine so much from the standard that was why the shipping estimate was set for Jan 4-10th.

Shoot I can't wait and want it now. The last mac i bought was my macbook about 5 years ago. So, this is a HUGE upgrade woohoo.

Mythos
Mythos44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:52 PM   #61
CWallace
macrumors Demi-God

I've been considering a 2012 iMac since Barclays is running a new promo for cardholders offering 18 months Same As Cash for purchases over $2000, but the $2000+ transaction has to post by January 17th and with these shipping delays and Apple generally not charging until the product ships, I'm worried it wouldn't post until after that date. Plus I really don't need to replace my 2011 iMac.

So I went to the Apple Store and bought a 4th Gen iPad (since that is 12 months SAC).
CWallace is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:03 PM   #62
omenatarhuri
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by deconstruct60 View Post
Because folks will only buy a $1899 iMac during the holidays. I don't think depending up Santa is the major factor in the 12 month window for iMac .
Cant give you stats but Id say in a typical year they would ship more macs around the holiday season than any other month.

Very happy with the product. I think its the best iMac since those white LCD iMacs, absolutely loved those ones.
omenatarhuri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:48 PM   #63
deconstruct60
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by omenatarhuri View Post
Cant give you stats but Id say in a typical year they would ship more macs around the holiday season than any other month.
More Macs doesn't mean more top end iMacs. The more sensitive holiday season iMac to get out the door is the 21.5" model.... which is out.

The major driver on increased holidays season quarter Mac sales is laptops. Their year-over-year increase tends to be higher. A higher fraction 27" iMac buys are made by businesses. They don't buy on Santa Claus cycles. (there is some 'year end tax write off but really for Holiday' sales but in larger scope of the whole year not a dominating factor. As a tax deduction it would be as useful in 2013 as 2012 ( if not more so if taxes go up).
deconstruct60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:50 PM   #64
koppen89
macrumors newbie

I saw it in a store today. Damn that thing was beautiful. And thin. And not even close to hot, compared to the old generation standing next to it, witch was almost on fire.

can't wait for the 27"!
koppen89 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:55 PM   #65
deconstruct60
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmroper View Post
Come to think of it, the 27" is probably going to be lot harder to service, too. The videos out there showing how to "de-laminate" the screen/glass combo are all on a 24" model, which looks hard enough.
They don't "de-laminate" the panel. The whole panel ( glass+lcd electronics ) is one piece. That now single component is double sided taped to the case.

They likely use double sided tape on the 27" model also.

The old models with the glass separate from the electronics had their own complexity issues.
deconstruct60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:31 PM   #66
madlovemonkey
macrumors newbie

I've never had an iMac but that thing looks sexy. I've been thinking of getting a Mac so I can start using Final Cut Pro for video editing. This might be the time...
madlovemonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:54 PM   #67
Silvereel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWallace View Post
I've been considering a 2012 iMac since Barclays is running a new promo for cardholders offering 18 months Same As Cash for purchases over $2000, but the $2000+ transaction has to post by January 17th and with these shipping delays and Apple generally not charging until the product ships, I'm worried it wouldn't post until after that date. Plus I really don't need to replace my 2011 iMac.
I tried that. Long story short, there was a problem, and I spent 5 days dealing with a guy in India who didn't understand my problem before I told them to cram it up their a$$ and bought it with my regular card. Unfortunately, there's probably a lot of people who really need to finance it, and for them I have sympathy.
Silvereel is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 PM   #68
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRO,RUMAD? View Post
At 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Or 11:59 PM Hawaiian time (2 more hours) or Midway time (3 more hours).
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:24 PM   #69
vikpt
macrumors regular

Boo!
vikpt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:29 PM   #70
TVreporter
macrumors member

Get your 2012 in 2013!!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:31 PM   #71
iPad2lover
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnerd93 View Post
To be honest they may as well have called it the early 2013 iMac, since they are in pretty short supply and just announced announced in next year in Jan. I was one of the lucky ones and manged to get the last great iMac before Apple purposely flawed it and increased the price. I manage to get mine the day after the announcement,
How did you do that ?
iPad2lover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:01 PM   #72
kendall69
macrumors member

It's all about the strile in Long Beach Ca.

Union went on strike all the goods are sitting off shore - it just ended Delay in getting out for shipping
kendall69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:26 AM   #73
lizardofwoz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall69 View Post
Union went on strike all the goods are sitting off shore - it just ended Delay in getting out for shipping
Of course!. Why didn't I think of that. An American Union strike is delaying deliveries in Australia.

You know where Australia is? It is over there near Japan :-)
lizardofwoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:28 AM   #74
Henry.A.Raven
macrumors newbie

baby's on her way.
Henry.A.Raven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:13 AM   #75
needfx
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroVega View Post
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Oh come on...

----------

There's zero proof the first shipments are made in the USA.
yes really lol!
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion