Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:45 PM   #1
reddevil0728
macrumors regular

iPhone 5 (iOS 6.01) Mail App Problem

Anybody setup Gmail to work on your default iPhone's mail app facing this problem whereby when you move an email from the trash folder back to inbox, it will disappear totally everywhere.

Everywhere as in on your iPhone and also when log on onto Gmail's website, the email cannot be found at all?
reddevil0728 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:57 PM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
Anybody setup Gmail to work on your default iPhone's mail app facing this problem whereby when you move an email from the trash folder back to inbox, it will disappear totally everywhere.

Everywhere as in on your iPhone and also when log on onto Gmail's website, the email cannot be found at all?
I just tested this and everything looks fine for me (email wasn't lost) on both my phone (also 6.0.1) and the website however my Gmail is set up as Exchange. Is yours set up using the default option in Settings?

Also, have you searched your "All Mail" folder? It might've just been moved there.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:01 PM   #3
reddevil0728
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
I just tested this and everything looks fine for me (email wasn't lost) on both my phone (also 6.0.1) and the website however my Gmail is set up as Exchange. Is yours set up using the default option in Settings?

Also, have you searched your "All Mail" folder? It might've just been moved there.
It's setup using default option on my iphone.

It's not in all mail folder
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It's setup using default option on my iphone.

It's not in all mail folder
It doesnt do it with my account but i have mine setup as an exchange account so i can sync shared Calendars from Gmail with my iCloud calendar
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:22 PM   #5
reddevil0728
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
It doesnt do it with my account but i have mine setup as an exchange account so i can sync shared Calendars from Gmail with my iCloud calendar
how to set up exchange account?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
how to set up exchange account?
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...&answer=138740

Let me know if that fixes your problem
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:28 AM   #7
reddevil0728
macrumors regular

Quote:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...&answer=138740

Let me know if that fixes your problem
It did. Thanks. But now I am facing problem with the alert tone sounding twice. Is that what happened?

Ok a few more problems now. Not sure why when i delete the email, it will go to all mail rather than trash. and also i am not sure why it will have 2 notifications pings and 2 notifications display in notifications.

I decided to revert back to setting up with default gmail setting itself and everything is ok now. meaning i delete it will go to trash, and when i move from trash to inbox it will be there.

----------

Quote:
btw is there anyway i can sync icloud calendar stuff with my gmail calendar?

Last edited by reddevil0728; Dec 8, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It did. Thanks. But now I am facing problem with the alert tone sounding twice. Is that what happened?

Ok a few more problems now. Not sure why when i delete the email, it will go to all mail rather than trash. and also i am not sure why it will have 2 notifications pings and 2 notifications display in notifications.

I decided to revert back to setting up with default gmail setting itself and everything is ok now. meaning i delete it will go to trash, and when i move from trash to inbox it will be there.

----------

btw is there anyway i can sync icloud calendar stuff with my gmail calendar?
You are probably getting 2 notifications because you didn't remove the other gmail setup. You you have it pulling your mail twice. As for the calendar I am not sure.
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:02 PM   #9
reddevil0728
macrumors regular

Quote:
You are probably getting 2 notifications because you didn't remove the other gmail setup. You you have it pulling your mail twice. As for the calendar I am not sure.
nope. I already deleted the other gmail settings.

But anyway hope it works now

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone