Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:57 PM   #1
dreadbayne
macrumors newbie

Can you connect your iPad mini to your PC's internet connection?

I purchased the iPad mini due to having wifi access at home and work, but for the next 3 weeks our wifi option is out of the question, but we'll still have our LAN.

I have been doing some research and i'm trying to find out if i'm able to connect my iPad mini to my computer's LAN connection through either wifi/bluetooth or some kind of strange lightning to ethernet adapter. 3 weeks will be a painful time without a connection at work, can anyone give me some advice?!
dreadbayne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:06 PM   #2
HobeSoundDarryl
macrumors 68040

http://lifehacker.com/5369381/turn-y...reless-hotspot

On a Mac, it's also internet sharing (on) to make it a wifi hotspot. I use this often (on a wired Internet Mac) and it works great.

You could also buy an Airport Express or similar: http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/ (sometimes in the refurb store)
HobeSoundDarryl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad