Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:55 PM   #1
HadItWithWindow
macrumors regular

Lost Photo Library During Re-Install of Mt Lion

I have the disc for iLife V9.0.3 and after I destroyed my iMac OS X I was reinstalling all my software. iPhoto refuses to open. The error msg is as follows:

"You can't open your current photo library using this version of iPhoto. You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto"

Long story short, I can't do anything but click on Quit in iPhoto. I can't even find where in support to find the upgrade that I purchased months ago that apparently is causing this problem. How do if find the upgrade to iLife which is where, I think, the upgrade was purchased.

I'm thinking I purchased an upgrade to iPhoto which did or did not come with iLife? Help???
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

The newer versions of iPhoto come out through the App Store. Login to the App Store app with you AppleID and look in your purchases section for iPhoto.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3
HadItWithWindow
macrumors regular

It appeared that I purchased the upgrade from a third party store like Best Buy. Never again. I bought the iPhoto update from the App Store and it took Customer Service over one hour to get me up and running but finally we have success. Merry Christmas !

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store