Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:46 AM   #1
madog
macrumors 65816

iTunes 11: How to "restore from backup"?

Previously in iTunes one could right click an iPhone in the sidebar and "restore from backup" which allowed you to manually pick a backup to restore from. In iTunes 11 there is a button for it in the main window when a device is selected, but it's grayed out for me even though my iCloud has several gigs worth of backups.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:10 AM   #2
hellomoto4
macrumors 6502a

In the top right of iTunes, click on the pertinent device, and under Backups, you will see Restore Backup...
hellomoto4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:45 PM   #3
madog
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoto4 View Post
In the top right of iTunes, click on the pertinent device, and under Backups, you will see Restore Backup...
Yeah, that button was just greyed out so I couldn't use it, even though my iCloud is full of backups. I ultimately restored the phone last night, but it only let's me restore from the backup it did after the restore.

Even from the phone going into settings and iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage>My iPhone, the Camera Roll says there's 4GB of data backed up. I don't quite understand why (I have not ever used Photo Stream) I'm not able to restore it in anyway.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog View Post
Yeah, that button was just greyed out so I couldn't use it, even though my iCloud is full of backups. I ultimately restored the phone last night, but it only let's me restore from the backup it did after the restore.

Even from the phone going into settings and iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage>My iPhone, the Camera Roll says there's 4GB of data backed up. I don't quite understand why (I have not ever used Photo Stream) I'm not able to restore it in anyway.
You restore from iCloud on the phone itself, not using iTunes.

Reset all data in settings. When the phone comes back up, it will prompt you to restore from iCloud.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store