atteligibility
macrumors regular

Payment processed on 27" pre-order

Looks like it's shipping any time now!
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:14 AM   #2
digitalfailure
macrumors regular

I haven't got a clue what's happening with mine, my online banking showed a debit for the cost of the mac but now my balance shows the pre order amount again. Apple still show the machine as due to be delivered in 1st week of January.
digitalfailure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:25 AM   #3
stridemat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfailure View Post
I haven't got a clue what's happening with mine, my online banking showed a debit for the cost of the mac but now my balance shows the pre order amount again. Apple still show the machine as due to be delivered in 1st week of January.
I would imagine that the initial debit was Apple making sure you have funds available(earmarking?). Apple will request the full and final amount when it ships.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:35 AM   #4
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

My credit card now shows "pending" for the Apple store as of Dec 7th. My order still shows as "processing".
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:38 AM   #5
digitalfailure
macrumors regular

That's what I'm hoping, but I've never noticed it on a transaction before. Maybe it's because of the amount. ?

Seems a bit odd to test the water, go off and build a custom spec machine and then take the money later on. I could empty the account between now and order complete and they'd have a stalled order on their hands.

In reality it's no biggy, my 27 order is in progress and I have a lot more cash in the bank than I should
digitalfailure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 05:00 AM   #6
ericbreiter
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfailure View Post
I had the exact same thing happen on my account this morning. The order amount was reserved (showing as a debit) but not it is available again. I have not seen it previously either and I buy quite a few things online.
ericbreiter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:14 AM   #7
Scrapula
macrumors 6502

I see pending charges all of the time. It happens the day before the actual charge goes through, but since it was a Friday, the charge will probably go through on Monday. Up until Friday, there was no pending charge at all on my card. When I got my iPhone5, the pend turned into a charge on the day it shipped. I'm hoping for the same thing here.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:52 AM   #8
ericbreiter
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I see pending charges all of the time. It happens the day before the actual charge goes through, but since it was a Friday, the charge will probably go through on Monday. Up until Friday, there was no pending charge at all on my card. When I got my iPhone5, the pend turned into a charge on the day it shipped. I'm hoping for the same thing here.
I see pending charges all the time as well. The difference here is that there was a pending charge (and funds reserved) after the order, but now after a few days the pending charge has disappeared, the funds are available again and payment has not taken place yet.
ericbreiter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:10 AM   #9
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbreiter View Post
I see pending charges all the time as well. The difference here is that there was a pending charge (and funds reserved) after the order, but now after a few days the pending charge has disappeared, the funds are available again and payment has not taken place yet.
This happens every time you buy something with a credit card and a product uses more than a week before processed by the dealer. And since apple hasn't processed the order yet the reserved money are being released and gets available to you again... It will be charged once they ship the product. So just chill out

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac