Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Sanchez25
macrumors 6502

Combining gift cards?

I have to buy Logic X but I don’t want to pay it with my credit card, so I decided I’d buy several iTunes Store gift cards (which, as car as I’ve read, can be used to non-physical products of the Apple Store as well).

My question now is… if I buy 2 x 100 € or 4 x 50 €, do they all get added my account and I can spend them on whatever I want? Or can you only spend 50 € on one thing, 50 on another, etc.?

Like, you’d buy OSX Mavericks for 25 € or so, and then you’d have 25 € left for something else, and you couldn’t buy something for 200 € with them?

I basically would like to know if you can “combine” them, so I can buy Logic Pro X for 180 € in the Mac App Store

Thanks!

Proud -user since ever.
Sanchez25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:54 PM   #2
ApfelKuchen
macrumors 6502a

Each card you add to the account simply adds to the account balance. Put 4 50 € cards onto your account, you'll have 200 € in the account. From that moment onward, Apple doesn't care how you spend that 200 €.
ApfelKuchen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store