Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Yesterday received my top end 21.5" with fusion iMac, I live in UK

I had read about the "assembled in USA", well I've just checked mine and it says "Assembled in Ireland"

I'm presuming as mine has a fusion, it may have been added there or something?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Mine says Assembled in Ireland as well.

Came from Ireland.

Funny, it went from Cork, to Shannon, to Dublin...to some place in Germany (Forgot the name now), and finally to Stansted in the UK.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Dell used to build high quality machines in Ireland until they shipped it to Turkey, China etc. I will be pleased to receive a built in Ireland 27" BTO knowing that it has been put together correctly.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
How do you know where they are builded?

It says it on the bottom of the stand.

imac_label_small.jpg

Dduval

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
Dell used to build high quality machines in Ireland until they shipped it to Turkey, China etc. I will be pleased to receive a built in Ireland 27" BTO knowing that it has been put together correctly.

Unless of course, the factory workers visit the ole Irish pub on breaks and lunches...:D

Ice Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I saw a picture somewhere that had an original Macintosh from 1984 made in Ireland so this is nothing new.

Reactions: tevion5

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Just to resurrect this ancient thread, I am Irish and collect lots of Macs.

The Cork plant has been here since 1980 and opened by Jobs himself. Of the many apple products I own, most of which are listed in my signature, my Macintosh Classic II, Power Macintosh 8600, iMac G3 Lime (I think!), Power Mac G4 Quicksilver and Power Mac G5 Quad were all built in Ireland.

Nice as a collector to know most of what I own was built in my home country. My Apple II and Mac 512k are both from the California plant. While not Ireland, it's still the original Apple factory.

Reactions: Brookzy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.