Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:53 AM   #1
expatgirl
macrumors newbie

Resizing "save as" dialog box

HI in some applications when I go to save as the dialog box is so small I have to continually manually move the column widths. Where can I change the defaults?

Thank you
expatgirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Gregg2
macrumors 601

If it's only happening in some applications, it's not a system thing. Thus, seeing how it's peculiar to certain apps, you would have to identify them in order to get some help.
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:40 AM   #3
expatgirl
macrumors newbie

Hi thank you..
MS word and excel
expatgirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Gregg2
macrumors 601

I only have two columns in the Excel Save Dialog, Name and Dated Modified. If I make the box bigger and save the file, then close it and reopen Excel, the box opens bigger (same as I left it before saving) and the column widths, which I also adjusted, are not changed. I don't see anything in Excel preferences which might address Save Dialog characteristics.

If I were to take a stab at solving such a problem, I'd try the plist file first, then removing Office and reinstalling if that failed.
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help