Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:36 AM   #1
scudder12
macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro screen doesn't turn off when lid closed?

So, I've never been a big Mac guy (hence coming here for help), but until recently I was using a MacBook Pro A1260 with BootCamp and Windows 7. On that machine, when I close the lid (regardless of power settings in Windows) the screen immediately goes black. I always liked this behavior as I could leave the computer on the table in the bedroom and let it finish doing what it's doing (downloading a torrent, encoding a video, etc.) without the screen or apple logo on the back keeping me awake.

I just upgraded to the A1286 and it doesn't appear to work the same way. I've messed with the power settings in Windows, and the only alternative seems to be putting it in sleep mode, which means any running programs stop until I wake it back up. I've searched these and other forums and I'm not finding (or at least not understanding) a clear answer.

I've seen some folks say you can use utilities like InsomniaX, but is there anything like this that will work on the Windows side of the machine? Am I missing something on the Mac side?

Thanks for the help...
scudder12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help