Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albertxp06

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
California
They mention a micro-SIM in the Phone Compatibility Page, so you'll need to cut it down to a nano-SIM. Otherwise, it seems like it should work.

I would go with them, but their coverage in my area is very spotty compared to AT&T.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Ill be on board when I am back in the states! $45 with 5GB 3G data as compared to Straight talk who start bossing ppl around 3GB usage. Definitely looks promising and not to mention the international add ons.

rajivvarma

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2008
There's also the $30 T-Mobile 4G Prepaid Plan that has 100 minutes and 5GB of 4G data. And they have native nanosim cards.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
It says Up to 5GB of High-Speed web (5GB at 3G speeds, then 2G speeds for the rest of the cycle).

is the 3G HSPA? I wonder how fast the speeds are in L.A for the $45 unlimited plan compared to ATT LTE... Sure I want cheap unlimited at $45 but is it much slower than ATT LTE?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It says Up to 5GB of High-Speed web (5GB at 3G speeds, then 2G speeds for the rest of the cycle).

is the 3G HSPA? I wonder how fast the speeds are in L.A for the $45 unlimited plan compared to ATT LTE... Sure I want cheap unlimited at $45 but is it much slower than ATT LTE?

You will have to find out if Tmobile has refarmed their 3G network in your area.
If not you will get stuck with slow 2G Edge data.
What speeds do you get now with AT&T LTE? LTE is faster than both 3G and HSPA+

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
You will have to find out if Tmobile has refarmed their 3G network in your area.
If not you will get stuck with slow 2G Edge data.
What speeds do you get now with AT&T LTE? LTE is faster than both 3G and HSPA+

I don't have ATT LTE; but I tried it in store a few days ago. The store is like a mile away from my house and it was blazing fast. I played with the iphone5 and S3 in store and they were both amazing fast!

I currently use Tmobile G3 on a 5 year old phone and its slower than death. Takes like 40 seconds to load a page. Could be my phone too cause its old.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I don't have ATT LTE; but I tried it in store a few days ago. The store is like a mile away from my house and it was blazing fast. I played with the iphone5 and S3 in store and they were both amazing fast!

I currently use Tmobile G3 on a 5 year old phone and its slower than death. Takes like 40 seconds to load a page. Could be my phone too cause its old.

You will have to check them both out locally.
Find someone that has an iphone on tmobile in your area and see if they get 3G or edge and what kind of data speeds they get.
AT&T LTE is very fast if you have it available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.