Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:12 AM   #1
sagna
macrumors newbie

how can i charge ipod 5

i just buying ipod touch 5g and im wondering can i charge it without computer? or it should be with computer? ?
sagna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:47 AM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagna View Post
i just buying ipod touch 5g and im wondering can i charge it without computer? or it should be with computer? ?
Not sure if you're trolling, but plug it with the adapter it came with onto the outlet
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:15 AM   #3
The13thDoctor
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
Not sure if you're trolling, but plug it with the adapter it came with onto the outlet
It doesn't come with a charger.
anyways your choice. Its slightly faster if you plug it into a outlet though.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagna View Post
It can be charged: 1) by plugging it into the computer;

2) by sitting it in a docking station which is plugged into an electrical outlet (the sort of station where one places the iPod if one wants to play the music on it to an audience. I have one in my kitchen, for example).

3) by buying an adaptor (any good electrical shop will have them) and plugging it in to an outlet. I have several world adaptors, in other words, they will allow me to plug an iPod into an electrical socket anywhere in the world.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:36 PM   #5
puckhead193
macrumors G3

remember the days when you bought an ipod it came with the dock, case, and an AC power charger...

Anyways you can charger it via the USB cable or you can buy a power adapter.
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3
puckhead193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:14 AM   #6
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

OP is not trolling, I would also be a little surprised if a gadget at $299 didn't come with either an earphone with mic and control or a $20 adaptor.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:32 AM   #7
eross
macrumors newbie

I bought a generic wall charger on ebay that works fine with iphone 4 , but does not charge the ipod touch 5G. It is branded as 5v 1A output. My iphone 4 original charger (also 5v 1A) does charge the new ipod, as does a generic 2.1A iPad charger.
I'm a bit conused: It's not the output or the "original apple" property. Why does'nt it charge?
Thanks

Last edited by eross; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
eross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:45 AM   #8
burgundyyears
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead193 View Post
remember the days when you bought an ipod it came with the dock, case, and an AC power charger...

Anyways you can charger it via the USB cable or you can buy a power adapter.
The iPod Touch never included a power adapter. USB power bricks and USB ports are so ubiquitous now, and the iPT has no power requirements beyond a "standard" USB port anyway (as opposed to the iPad), I don't see the need for including one. Just more e-waste, and you can pick one up for peanuts just about anywhere if you really need one.

@eross - the iPT does not need anything more than 500mA, so it should work fine. Could be a dodgy adapter?
burgundyyears is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:49 AM   #9
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by eross View Post
I bought a generic wall charger on ebay that works fine with iphone 4 , but does not charge the ipod touch 5G. It is branded as 5v 1A output. My iphone 4 original charger (also 5v 1A) does charge the new ipod, as does a generic 2.1A iPad charger.
I'm a bit conused: It's not the output or the "original apple" property. Why does'nt it charge?
Thanks
I assume you are using the lightning cable that apple provided.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:10 PM   #10
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundyyears View Post
The iPod Touch never included a power adapter. USB power bricks and USB ports are so ubiquitous now, and the iPT has no power requirements beyond a "standard" USB port anyway (as opposed to the iPad), I don't see the need for including one. Just more e-waste, and you can pick one up for peanuts just about anywhere if you really need one.

@eross - the iPT does not need anything more than 500mA, so it should work fine. Could be a dodgy adapter?

I wouldn't say its a waste. It might not be as necessary or can't live without but still apple should have included for someone who do not own iphone or ipad. Charging via usb can be a pain if you dont work in front of computer all day. Ipod touch owners are mostly at younger age too.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502

Another thread on this? As burgundyyears said, the IPT not coming with the charging brick (wall wart, whatever) is not a new thing.
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:24 PM   #12
eross
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundyyears View Post

Well, as I stated the adapter works with my iphone 4 as well as with other 5v devices (not apple).
eross is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch