Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng

Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Robbietaylor
macrumors regular

Use real companies in game?

I am in the process of making a game that would take place in NYC. I plan to release the game in the app store eventually.
I assume it would be illegal if I used real company logos (like Starbucks) and reproduced the logo in my game?
Robbietaylor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:47 AM   #2
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Orange Furball
Yes. To use Starbucks you'll have to make like "Starcoffee" and change the logo. To use McDonalds you'll have to do "McBurgerShop" or something. I would recommend consulting a lawyer for further details.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:02 AM   #3
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Even Starcoffee and McBurgerShop will get you sued if you are not careful. Playing off a well known trademark and making money from it is also a violation of trade dress.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:16 AM   #4
roxxette
Banned

Take a look how rockstar games handle these more specific the GTA franchise.
roxxette is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng