Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Since installing the latest iTunes I noticed upon restore my iPhone5 (after being recently restored) now titles itself under a name I would like changed.

It used to be you could simply highlight (right click) the iDevice name and change it within iTunes but now that option appears not to be available.

Anyone know of a workaround?

Certainly not a big deal, but it would be nice to get my device named as I choose instead of iTunes coming up with its own name.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Since installing the latest iTunes I noticed upon restore my iPhone5 (after being recently restored) now titles itself under a name I would like changed.

It used to be you could simply highlight (right click) the iDevice name and change it within iTunes but now that option appears not to be available.

Anyone know of a workaround?

Certainly not a big deal, but it would be nice to get my device named as I choose instead of iTunes coming up with its own name.

I can double click on the device name and change it within iTunes. For some reason right clicking does not work.

I should really change my phone's name........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 10.57.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 10.57.10 AM.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 4,256
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.