Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Transferring BGEE Saves to iPad

*Credit for this info goes to @Giolon on Twitter. All I did was make it into a guide with screenshots.

I currently have a 2012 iMac and run the PC version of BGEE in Bootcamp. The program needed for this has a PC and Mac version, but in this guide I use the Mac version because for some reason it would not recognize my iPad when I was running Windows.

The program you will need is called iFunBox (http://www.i-funbox.com).
bgee1.png

First, start out by navigating in iFunBox to the BGEE save folder on the iPad (Baldur's Gate -> Library -> Save)
bgee2.png

bgee3.png

bgee4.png

Once you are in the save folder you should see your existing save folders from your iPad games. This is pretty much the same format as on the PC (and probably will be the same on the Mac). We are going to keep this App on this screen for now while we navigate to the PC save folder.

As I mentioned, I did all this from OSX even though I play BGEE in Windows via Bootcamp. I launched a Finder window and navigated to the BGEE save folder on my Bootcamp drive.

BOOTCAMP Drive -> Users -> [User Name] -> Documents -> Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition -> save

*If doing this on the PC.
Documents -> Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition -> save

Once you have navigated to the save folder you can simply drag and drop the folder from Finder/Windows Explorer to iFunBox.
bgee5.png

One last thing to check... Open up the save folder you just transferred in iFunBox to make sure the filename is ALL CAPS. @Giolon on Twitter specifically mentions the filename BALDUR.GAM, but for sake of consistency I would probably CAPS all of them. However, in this case all my save files were already CAPS so I did not have to make the change.
bgee6.png

At that point you should be good to go, but you can hit "Refresh" at the top of iFunBox for good measure.

If you want to transfer the save back to the PC, it's pretty much the same steps but dragging the save folder from the iPad to the PC save folder.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Just to help people out that had the same problem as I did. The Mac save files are in a ridiculous place, more precisely:

~/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/Save/

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Just to help people out that had the same problem as I did. The Mac save files are in a ridiculous place, more precisely:

~/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/Save/

They are there because of Apple's silly sandboxing rules...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.