Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Hi There,

Im currently making a movie poster at 11 inches width and 17 inches height, i want to turn it into 1920 width by 1200 height, im using ps cs6, is there a way to do this without having to piece it all together again?

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
You can resize the image in PS, of course. You can specify the new size in pixels or inches, of course, which saves the hassle of converting. I think you have realized that the aspect ratio is slightly different between the two sizes. Without seeing the poster it is difficult to know whether you can "stretch" the poster slightly without it looking weird-like. Have you tried resizing it to the new ratio? In the resize dialogue there is a setting to "constrain" (or something like that... I'm not sitting in front of PS as the moment. You want that setting turned off so you can set each side independently.

IMPORTANT: Make a duplicate of your original first so you don't accidentally save over it. It is guaranteed that someone will distract at the moment you meant to either go back, or to 'save as'.

Luck.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
File ---> Save for Web. Specify the dimensions there. No need to worry about overwriting a file then.

This is good for exporting to a png, gif, jpg, etc. If you still need it to be a PSD, you have to do what the other guy said.

spacedcadet

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
portrait to landscape

you are changing the proportions of the image from portrait to landscape, it's going to look weird unless you re-design it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.