Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vslvkn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Hi, anyone using this app. http://www.tango.me. I tried whatsapp, viper, Skype and they are working perfectly but they all are not in one set. I want one app with all three functions. Any ideas?:confused:

Equinoxious

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
Hi, anyone using this app. http://www.tango.me. I tried whatsapp, viper, Skype and they are working perfectly but they all are not in one set. I want one app with all three functions. Any ideas?:confused:

Yep, Tango Messenger works very nicely on iOS, Android, Windows 7, Windows Phone, and Blackberry. But STILL not on OSX!
I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Note (Android) all the time, but I hate not being able to run it on my Macs!
Tango applies (free) instant messaging (via internet) if it can, and (expensive) mobile networks when it must.

Just one more gripe: I can't attach files/photos to a message. They have to be sent as a separate message.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Yep, Tango Messenger works very nicely on iOS, Android, Windows 7, Windows Phone, and Blackberry. But STILL not on OSX!
I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Note (Android) all the time, but I hate not being able to run it on my Macs!
Tango applies (free) instant messaging (via internet) if it can, and (expensive) mobile networks when it must.

Just one more gripe: I can't attach files/photos to a message. They have to be sent as a separate message.

Paging thru their forums, last year they basically said that they have no plans to bring Tango to OSX or an ipad specific version. After reading that I deleted the apps, and am using a combination of facetime for my iOS/mac friends, and google Hangouts for people with Android phones.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Didn't know/care they still exists.
When I had it it was crappy years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.