Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:52 PM   #1
bluebird3
macrumors regular

Guest account

Hello, I am using my friend's Mac and signed in as a "guest" When I was using her mac, the computer started to really slow down. Then finally gave me an error message saying something about "your start up disk has no space, quit applications or clear files" etc.

I have saved few photos and documents on the desk top which I am still needing them. How do I clear up data ? I am not using any other application at the moment other than Safari. If I logged off as a guest, restart the computer, will I loose all the files ?
bluebird3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:56 PM   #2
stridemat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird3 View Post
Hello, I am using my friend's Mac and signed in as a "guest" When I was using her mac, the computer started to really slow down. Then finally gave me an error message saying something about "your start up disk has no space, quit applications or clear files" etc.

I have saved few photos and documents on the desk top which I am still needing them. How do I clear up data ? I am not using any other application at the moment other than Safari. If I logged off as a guest, restart the computer, will I loose all the files ?
I'm not 100% sure, but I would imagine the guest account is erased after every use. You could email them to yourself so they are effectively stored on the 'cloud' and can be accessed when you are back in front of your own machine. You could also copy them to a memory stick or upload them to dropbox or something similar.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help