Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Hey all, I've been having this problem for quite awhile and can't figure out how to solve the problem. Over the last 3-4 years or so of owning Apple products, I've created several ringtones in the .m4r format via apps and the in iTunes method. Since I got the iPhone 5, I've been noticing the alert/ringtones haven't all synced consistently. It happens the most with the super short ones that I've created for text tones, a couple of Super Mario Brothers ones, and my favorite text tone, R2D2 chirping.

The weird thing is that sometimes all the tones sync and other times only some of them do, regardless of what I have selected in the tones section when I'm syncing the phone. I've tried selecting "Sync All Tones" and "Sync Selected Tones" (or whatever the actual thing says) and haven't had any luck getting consistent results.

I have zero idea what I'm doing wrong either formatting of the tones, or something. My current text tone although good, isn't the one that works the best for me. The R2D2 one works great for me because i work in a very noisy environment with talking and music going on, and the beeping sticks out and makes me realize I have a new text message.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.